Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist, Community Hospital Division
- PGY2 ID Residency: Antimicrobial Stewardship, Community Hospital Division
- PGY1 Community Memorial Hospital Residency: Antimicrobial Stewardship Elective Rotation
Pharmacy School/Graduation Year
University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2015
Residency Training Program Location/Year
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice: Froedtert Hospital, 2015-2016
- PGY2 Infectious Diseases: Froedtert Hospital, 2016-2017
Antimicrobial stewardship data and metrics, asymptomatic bacteriuria
- Cruz BP, Mulvey A, Szaniawski R, Powell KL, Muchka J, Stanton M, Audley T, Semrad M. Culture Callback to Pharmacy in a Community Hospital Emergency Department. Froedtert Menomonee Falls, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
- Powell KL, Revolinski SR, Gibble AM, Daniels, A, Huang AM. A single-center, quasi-experimental study to evaluate the impact of a multiplex polymerase chain reaction (PCR) system combined with antimicrobial stewardship intervention (AMS) on time to targeted therapy in patients with suspected central nervous system (CNS) infection. Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Sapozhnikov J, Gibble AM, Huang AM, Powell KL. Comparison of outcomes in urinary tract infections (UTIs) caused by SPICE organisms treated with non-carbapenem-B-lactams versus non-B-lactam agents. Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Long A, Daniels A, Gibble A, Powell KL, Dekarske B, Revolinski S. Implementation of Antimicrobial Time-Outs – Take Two: Optimization of Antibiotic Time-outs through Pharmacist-Led Completion. Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Hutzley V, Gibble A, Powell KL, Wainaina N, Bunnell K, Daniels A, Wrzesinski M, Case L. Impact of pharmacy-driven beta-lactam allergy assessment on allergy documentation optimization. Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Powell KL, Huang AM. Updates to the guidelines for the treatment of hospital-acquired and ventilator-associated pneumonia: What do we need to know? The Journal of Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin. Nov/Dec 2016.
- Crass RL, Powell KL, Huang AM. Daptomycin for the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus infections complicated by septic pulmonary emboli. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis (2018).
What attracted you to the Froedtert & MCW pharmacy residency program?
When I did an APPE rotation here, I was able to experience the great learning environment, and I really enjoyed the interdisciplinary collaboration. I also saw how progressive pharmacy practice is at Froedtert Hospital.
Reading, hiking, traveling
Favorite Things to Do in Milwaukee
Trying new restaurants, going to concerts and Bucks games