Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin pharmacy residents have access to two teaching certificate programs organized by area pharmacy schools, which provides more flexibility to residents. A resident’s eligibility to participate in these teaching certificates may vary based upon residency program, interest, and rotation scheduling.
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) School of Pharmacy
The MCW School of Pharmacy Teaching Certificate Program was designed to provide participants with the didactic education, training, and experiences needed to function as a faculty member and/or preceptor in both academic and pharmacy practice settings. The program completion requirements have been developed to create a robust experience for both pharmacy residents and practicing pharmacists.
- The Teaching Certificate Program completion requirements can be completed over 1 or 2 years.
- Completion requirements include developing a teaching philosophy and teaching portfolio, participating in didactic teaching, lab facilitation and precepting experiences, and attending live/recorded educational sessions.
- The Teaching Certificate Program will begin with a full day of orientation in July/August. Admitted participants will receive more information and instructions following enrollment.
Please contact email@example.com or see our information sheet if you have any questions or would like to learn more about the MCW Teaching Certificate Program.
Concordia University Wisconsin School of Pharmacy (CUWSOP):
The Concordia University Wisconsin School of Pharmacy (CUWSOP) welcomes interested residents to participate in the Preparing Pharmacy Educators Experience (P2E2) series.
- The program includes lecture and small group teaching of student pharmacists, didactic online seminars in pedagogy (teaching methods), live seminars preparing participants for understanding and pursuit of academic careers, and participation in academic-related projects.
- Three structured options are offered to align with resident interest, ranging from an introductory teaching experience option to the Future Pharmacy Faculty Certificate program option.
- An advanced academia rotation is also available for PGY2 residents in their specialty area.