We appreciate the opportunity to collaborate in the ongoing care of your patients. To assist you with your preoperative evaluation, below are preoperative resources to prepare your patients for surgical procedures at Froedtert & MCW facilities including information regarding standard documentation, testing, and patient education.
Please fax completed preoperative documentation to our Preoperative Clinic at 414-805-7210.
Preoperative Documentation Standards
Surgery will not be performed unless the proper documentation has been recorded and provided.
- Review the preoperative documentation standards.
Preoperative History and Physical
A preoperative history and physical must be completed up to or no more than 30 days before the patient's procedure.
- Use the preoperative history and physical template.
Preoperative Diagnostic Study Indications
When ordering preoperative diagnostic studies, we suggest using the diagnostic study indications protocol created in the Froedtert Hospital PAT Clinic (preoperative clinic).
Recommended Perioperative Medication Management
Certain medications should and should not be continued up to and including the day of surgery.
Algorithm for Management of Perioperative Antiplatelet Therapy
Management of antiplatelet agents in patients undergoing non-cardiac invasive procedures at Froedtert Hospital is important.
- View recommendations for management of perioperative antiplatelet therapy.
Perioperative Anticoagulation Management
Periprocedural management of anticoagulation requires a multidisciplinary effort in decision making. To assist in you this, view the following three documents.
- Management of anticoagulants in the surgical setting
- Guideline for use of antithrombotic medications in the presence of neuraxial anesthesia
- Ophthalmology antithrombotic management protocol
Learn more about our Perioperative and Consultative Medicine Program.
Preoperative Patient Medication Instructions
Preoperative medication instructions should be given to patients prior to surgery.
- View a list of preoperative patient medication instructions.