The first academic year runs from September to August. It is divided into two 16-week semesters and one 14-week summer session.
The second academic year runs from September to June. It is divided into two 16-week semesters and one 8-week summer session.
The total program length is 22 months.
The unit of credit is the semester hour. It represents one lecture per week (60 minutes) for 16 weeks.
|Grading Scale||Grades and Grade Point System|
|A||93 - 100%||A = Excellent||4 Points|
|B||86 - 92%||B = Good||3 Points|
|C||80 - 85%||C = Average||2 Points|
|F||Below 80%||F = Incomplete||0 Points|
The grade point average (GPA) is computed by dividing the total grade points earned by the total credit hours attempted.
Students are in good standing if a "C" (2.0) average is earned in all courses. The student must achieve a “C: or higher in all Radiologic Technology course work, clinical evaluations, proficiency simulations, and all final examinations at the end of the semester. If the student grade is below 80% in any of the aforementioned outcomes at the end of a semester, he/she can be dismissed from the program under the discretion of the faculty. If the student remains in the program, he/she is placed on Academic or Clinical Probation.
A student who does not earn a "C" (2.0) in all courses, but whose semester grade point is 2.0 ("C") will be placed on probation. This student will repeat the course(s) successfully (2.0) the next semester the course is taught. This probationary period will last one semester. If the student violates his/her probation with an evaluation grade below 80%, he/she may be dismissed from the program.
The student may request independent study however; this will be at the Instructor’s discretion.
A student who does not maintain a cumulative grade point of 2.0 ("C") will be dismissed from the program. Also a student who fails to earn a "C" (2.0) in any repeated course will be dismissed. Any student who fails two courses in one semester will be terminated even if their cumulative grade point does not drop below a 2.0. A student who fails the comprehensive final examination as described by the comprehensive final may also be dismissed.
Computation of Grades
Final examinations will be given at the end of each course. The final exam will count for 25% of the final grade. The remaining 75% of the final grade will be averaged from tests, quizzes and other assessment devices specified for each course. Clinical education grades are computed using 50% competency evaluations, 25% Clinical Instructor's evaluations, 15% staff technologists' evaluations and 10% based on attendance. The second year student grade will be computed using 50% competency evaluations, 15% Clinical Instructor's evaluations, 25% staff technologists' evaluations and 10% based on attendance.