The Health Insurance Marketplace is the place to sign up for health insurance. It is part of the Affordable Care Act. Individuals who do not have health insurance or who may no longer be eligible for BadgerCare may qualify for coverage.
You should never have to pay for enrollment assistance. It is always free.
Open enrollment for 2020 closed on Dec. 15, 2019.
After Dec. 15, 2019, there are still some situations that would allow people to sign up for health coverage for 2020 through the Health Insurance Marketplace. View the Special Enrollment Period (SEP) how-to sheet to find out who might qualify. Please remember, people can apply for BadgerCare Plus coverage anytime during the year.
Choosing a Plan That Includes Froedtert & MCW Health Network
Patients enrolling in the Marketplace who wish to have a plan that includes the Froedtert & MCW health network, should choose one of the following:
- Network Health Plan Prestige
- Network Health Plan Prestige Southeast (SE)
- Network Health Plan Prestige Northeast (NE) — Only participating with Froedtert Hospital and Medical College of Wisconsin
- Together with Children’s Community Health Plan
- Common Ground Empower — available via SHOP, "Small Business Health Options Program"
Important Dates and Deadlines
Dec. 15, 2019, was the last day to enroll in 2020 coverage. If you missed this deadline, you can’t sign up for a health plan inside or outside the Marketplace for 2020, unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Froedtert & MCW Certified Application Counselors and Patient Financial Services staff are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to answer questions and provide enrollment assistance. You should never have to pay for enrollment assistance. It is always free.
- Froedtert, Froedtert Menomonee Falls and Froedtert West Bend Hospitals: 414-805-6206
- Health Centers and Clinics: 877-443-5176
- Health Insurance Options for You and Your Family | Opciones de seguros medicos para usted y su familia
- Understanding the 2020 Health Insurance Marketplace | Comprendiendo el mercado de seguros médicos del 2020
- Comparison of Milwaukee Area Qualified Health Plan Networks
- Milwaukee Enrollment Directory
- Agents Serving Milwaukee
- Free Enrollment Assistance Events | Eventos de Asistencia de Inscripción Gratuita