The Health Insurance Marketplace® is the place to sign up for health insurance. If you do not have health insurance through your employer or Medicaid (BadgerCare Plus), this option may be right for you.
The last day to enroll for 2022 was Jan. 15, 2023.
After Jan. 15, 2023, there are still some situations that would allow people to sign up for health coverage for 2023 through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Learn more about the Special Enrollment Period to find out who might qualify. Please remember people can apply for BadgerCare Plus coverage anytime during the year.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to enroll in health coverage through the Marketplace, you:
- Must live in the United States.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national (or be lawfully present). Learn about eligible immigration statuses.
- Can't be incarcerated.
If you have Medicare coverage, you are not eligible to use the Marketplace to buy a health or dental plan.
When can I sign up?
- The last day to sign up for health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace was Jan. 15, 2023.
- If you missed the open enrollment deadline, you cannot sign up for health insurance for the rest of 2023, unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you lose other coverage, get married or have a baby.
Choose a Plan That Includes Froedtert & MCW Health Network
The following plans include the Froedtert & MCW health network. Learn why your insurance plan should include us.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield BLUE PREFERRED
- Network Health Plan Prestige*
- Network Health Plan Prestige Southeast (SE)*
- Network Health Plan Prestige Northeast (NE)*
- Together with Children’s Community Health Plan*
*These plans do not include Holy Family Memorial. Please visit hfmhealth.org/paymybill/insurance for more information.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Jan. 15, 2023, was the last day to sign up for 2023 coverage. After Jan. 15, you can only buy a health plan if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Call the Froedtert & MCW hotline at 414-805-6206 to speak with a counselor or schedule an appointment. We are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., to answer your questions. You should never have to pay for enrollment assistance. It is always free.
- Call the national toll-free hotline at 800-318-2596 or visit healthcare.gov.