The Health Insurance Marketplace® is the place to sign up for health insurance. If you do not have health insurance through your employer or Medicaid (BadgerCare Plus), this option may be right for you. 2022 Open Enrollment runs from Nov. 1, 2021 through Jan. 15, 2022. Coverage can start as soon as Jan. 1, 2022.
You should never have to pay for enrollment assistance. It is always free.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to enroll in health coverage through the Marketplace, you:
- Must live in the United States.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national (or be lawfully present). Learn about eligible immigration statuses.
- Can't be incarcerated.
If you have Medicare coverage, you are not eligible to use the Marketplace to buy a health or dental plan.
When can I sign up?
- You can sign up for health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace starting Monday, Nov. 1, through Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022.
- If you miss the open enrollment deadline, you cannot sign up for health insurance for the rest of 2022, unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you lose other coverage, get married or have a baby.
Choose a Plan That Includes Froedtert & MCW Health Network
The following plans include the Froedtert & MCW health network:
- Network Health Plan Prestige
- Network Health Plan Prestige Southeast (SE)
- Network Health Plan Prestige Northeast (NE)
- Together with Children’s Community Health Plan
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Nov. 1, 2021: Open Enrollment starts.
- Dec. 15, 2021: Deadline for coverage that starts on Jan. 1, 2022.
- Jan. 15, 2022: Last day to sign up for 2022 coverage. Coverage starts on Feb. 1, 2022. After Jan. 15, you can only buy a health plan if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Get Help With Enrollment
- Call the Froedtert & MCW hotline at 414-805-6206 to speak with a counselor or schedule an appointment. We are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., to answer your questions and help you sign up. You should never have to pay for enrollment assistance. It is always free.
- Call the national toll-free hotline at 800-318-2596 or visit healthcare.gov.