Thank you for your interest in submitting a request to the Froedtert West Bend Hospital Healthy Community Fund. It is the goal of the fund to help support organizations that are advancing community health through collaborative and evidence-based practices targeting the priority health needs in Washington County.
Applications are reviewed yearly by the Froedtert West Bend Hospital Community Initiatives Committee. The committee is made up of leaders from the community and the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network. When submitting an application please be ready to provide the following information.
- A brief description of the history, purpose, and activities of the lead organization(s)
- A description of the project and how funds will be used
- How the project benefits the health of Washington County
- Expected project outcomes and evaluation process
- Explain plans to ensure sustainability of project
- A description of project collaborations with other organizations
- A description of recognition opportunities
- Supporting documents: project budget, agency’s annual financial statement, list of Board of Directors, list of paid staff and signatures
- IRS tax-exempt organization(s) classified as a 501(c) that provides services in the Froedtert West Bend Hospital service area (Washington County).
- Projects that:
- Contribute to improving the overall health status of the community, including social determinants of health:
- Education (ex. Literacy programs, higher education programs, health education programs)
- Employment (ex. Soft skills training, apprenticeship programs, internship programs)
- Health (ex. Access to quality care, healthy food, screening, behavior health)
- Safety (ex. Transportation, housing, green space access, violence education & prevention)
- Establish new programs or support existing initiatives that improve health and wellness
- Support communities in Washington County, specifically marginalized communities
- Foster collaboration between organizations
- Incorporates population health and Froedtert West Bend Hospital community health improvement priorities
Important Dates and Submission Details
Once the grant application opens, organizations will be sent an email with a link to apply using the online platform, GrantsConnect.
|October – November
|November – December
|January – December
|Mid-year reporting deadline
|End-of-year report deadline
*Applications will only be accepted during the open application window. Early or late applications will not be honored.
Please keep in mind that Froedtert West Bend Hospital’s Healthy Community Fund does not provide funding for the following:
- Requests that benefit an individual
- Political campaigns and/or elected officials
- Fundraising initiatives