Our commitment to delivering world-class heart care locally has led Froedtert & MCW Froedtert Hospital to collaborate with the Cleveland Clinic Heart, Vascular and Thoracic Institute, ranked No. 1 in the nation for heart care since 1995 by U.S. News & World Report.
As one of the first academic medical centers in the Midwest to join Cleveland Clinic’s Alliance Network we are continuing our promise to bring the best in cardiovascular care to our patients.
What does this alliance provide patients?
- Access to the best practices that have helped Cleveland Clinic's heart program achieve U.S. News & World Report's No. 1 heart care ranking every year since 1995
- The ability to stay close to home for their heart care, while being treated by Froedtert & MCW cardiac specialists who are collaborating with Cleveland Clinic on the latest treatments available
- Cardiovascular specialists partnering together on the latest research and protocols related to all heart care
- Collaboration between Cleveland Clinic and Froedtert & MCW staff when dealing with complex medical situations using the newest technologies and innovations
- Even more experts weighing in on the best treatment options for individual cases
Chicago Man Benefits From Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
Dr. Robert Boxer had a history of heart problems, including a leaky heart valve. He traveled from the Chicago area to seek out the expertise of Dr. Michael Salinger, who repaired the valve. Dr. Boxer was home for dinner the following evening.
Inspired by Her Care, This Patient Became a Nurse
When Nicole collapsed from an undetected heart condition, our vascular surgeons had to amputate her legs because of her compromised blood flow. With the help of prosthetics, Nicole learned to walk again. Now, Nicole is a nurse at Froedtert Hospital.