After leaving the hospital or clinic, you may require infusion therapy — any therapy delivered directly into your bloodstream or under the skin. Froedtert Home Infusion offers a safe and effective way to receive therapy in the comfort of your own home. It provides you with more flexibility and independence, and may be a more cost-effective option.
We accept patients from all health systems and providers. You do not need to be in the care of a Froedtert & MCW provider. Any provider from any health system can refer a patient to Froedtert Home Infusion.
We serve patients across the state of Wisconsin. Our primary service area includes the following counties: Dodge, Fond du Lac, Jefferson, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha.
For more information on our home infusion services, talk with your provider or call 262-532-5124.
Common Home Infusion Therapies
If a medication is available for infusion in the home, the Froedtert Home Infusion team can provide it. These therapies include, but are not limited to:
- Anti-infectives (antibiotic, antifungal, and antiviral medications)
- Enteral nutrition
- Inotropes and diuretics
- IV hydration and electrolytes
- Parenteral nutrition (TPN)
- Autoimmune therapies (monoclonal antibodies, biologics, etc.)
- Immune globulin therapies (IVIG, SCIg)
- Enzyme replacement therapy
- Oncology immunotherapy
Our team includes registered nurses and pharmacists who help coordinate care with your doctor and care team. Our staff will work closely with you and your doctor to help manage your care and medications during therapy.
Froedtert Home Infusion is accredited by the Joint Commission for Home Care services including infusion pharmacy, specialty pharmacy and ambulatory infusion services. Our pharmacy is also a certified provider of Medicare DME (durable medical equipment).
For infusion therapies that need additional medical support, Froedtert Home Infusion has an infusion suite located at North Hills Health Center in Menomonee Falls.
The infusion suite is designed to provide another option for patients receiving infusions. Receiving your infusion in the infusion suite include:
- Flexibility in scheduling — We are open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Your insurance coverage remains the same as home infusion, and no additional prior authorization is needed.
- We provide comfortable private infusion rooms with windows, Wi-Fi and light refreshments.
- There is ample free parking, with easy access via the interstate.
- Our nurses are trained and experienced in providing complex infusions.
- To ensure your comfort, we have resources to help with patients that have difficulty getting IV access.
- You also will not need to worry about the delivery or storage of your infusion pump or supplies.
If you have any questions about your care or want to schedule an appointment at the Froedtert Home Infusion suite at North Hills Health Center, please call 262-532-5040.