After leaving the hospital or clinic, you may require infusion therapy — any therapy delivered directly into your bloodstream or under the skin. Froedtert Home Infusion offers a safe and effective way to receive therapy in the comfort of your own home. It provides you with more flexibility and independence, and may be a more cost-effective option.
Our team of pharmacists and nurses helps to coordinate care with you and your care team. We provide all of the necessary equipment, schedule nursing services, and work closely with you to ensure all of your needs and questions are addressed. Ensuring this complex process is smooth and easy for everyone involved is important to us.
We accept patients from all health systems and providers. You do not need to be in the care of a Froedtert & MCW provider. Any provider from any health system can refer a patient to Froedtert Home Infusion.
We serve patients across the state of Wisconsin. Our primary service area includes the following counties: Dodge, Fond du Lac, Jefferson, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha.
For more information on our home infusion services, talk with your provider or call 262-532-5124.
Benefits of Froedtert Home Infusion
- Safe and easy: Home infusion therapy is safe and allows you to receive care where it is most comfortable and convenient.
- Patient access: Infusion services are offered at our infusion suites or in the home, depending on your preference and location.
- Preparation and training: All staff on the Froedtert Home Infusion team are infusion experts with years of experience.
- Monitoring: Our care teams work closely with you and your provider to ensure that the therapy ordered is safe and optimal. Documentation is completed in the electronic health record so that your care is transparent.
- Availability: Our staff are available 24/7/365 to help answer your questions.
- Insurance: We are in-network with all large national and most regional insurance plans. We are experienced in obtaining coverage and helping with patient payment assistance.
- Service area: We are able to see patients across the state of Wisconsin (see map above).
- Accredited by: The Joint Commission for Specialty Pharmacy and Infusion Suite services.
If a medication is available for infusion in the home, the Froedtert Home Infusion team can provide it. These therapies include, but are not limited to:
- Anti-infectives (antibiotic, antifungal, and antiviral medications)
- Enteral nutrition
- Inotropes and diuretics
- IV hydration and electrolytes
- Parenteral nutrition (TPN)
- Autoimmune therapies (monoclonal antibodies, biologics, etc.)
- Immune globulin therapies (IVIG, SCIg)
- Enzyme replacement therapy
- Oncology immunotherapy
Our team includes registered nurses and pharmacists who help coordinate care with your doctor and care team. Our staff will work closely with you and your doctor to help manage your care and medications during therapy.
Froedtert Home Infusion is accredited by the Joint Commission for Home Care services including infusion pharmacy, specialty pharmacy and ambulatory infusion services. Froedtert Pharmacy is also a certified provider of Medicare DME (durable medical equipment).
The infusion suites are designed to provide another option for patients receiving infusions. Benefits of receiving your infusion in the infusion suites include:
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Your insurance coverage remains the same as home infusion, and no additional prior authorization is needed.
- If your insurance requires that your infusion therapy be administered at a facility and not in your home (payer site of care requirement), our infusion suites are an ideal option.
- We provide comfortable private infusion rooms with windows, Wi-Fi and light refreshments.
- There are two locations with ample free parking and easy access via the interstate.
- Our nurses are trained and experienced in providing complex infusions.
- To ensure your comfort, we have resources to help with patients that have difficulty getting IV access.
- You also will not need to worry about the delivery or storage of your infusion pump or supplies.
If you have any questions about your care or want to schedule an appointment, please call 262-532-5124.