Our Memory Disorders Program provides comprehensive care to patients and families facing dementia or other similar cognitive disorders.
Specialized Care Team
An expert multidisciplinary team — physicians (neurologists and nurse practitioners), neuropsychologists, nurses and social services — is experienced in diagnosing and treating all types of neurodegenerative memory disorders. Team members are committed to:
- Identifying memory disorders early through a comprehensive diagnostic assessment
- Offering diagnostic options and treatments
- Providing education to patients and their families
- Teaching coping skills and connecting family with the necessary resources such as counseling and social services
- Informing patients and families about useful community and health resources.
- Conducting research to find ways to prevent, better diagnose and treat memory disorders. See our current list of clinical trials.
Diagnosis and Treatment for Memory Loss
Memory-related symptoms need thoughtful and professional medical attention. Proper diagnosis of the type of dementia or other cause of memory loss requires evaluation by specialists.
Our Interdisciplinary Memory Assessment Program (IMAP) provides an intensive 2-hour diagnostic evaluation for new patient referrals and self-referral requests. The interdisciplinary team aims to offer a clear diagnosis and treatment strategy or advises further diagnostic testing to reach a diagnosis.
The team specializes in diagnosing uncommon and difficult-to-diagnose cases of dementia. Team members care for patients throughout their illness and also help family members cope with disease-related challenges that arise.
Patients have access to comprehensive assessment, and treatment of memory disorders, as well as opportunities for participation in research and clinical trials. After establishing a specific treatment, team members engage the patient and family with appropriate healthcare and support resources.
Virtual Visits Are Available
Safe and convenient virtual visits by video let you get the care you need via a mobile device, tablet or computer wherever you are. We'll assess your condition and develop a treatment plan right away. To schedule a virtual visit, call 414-777-7700.