Milwaukee — This year, more than ever, it’s important to avoid getting the flu as communities throughout Wisconsin continue to fight against the spread of another virus in COVID-19. To avoid getting the flu, wash your hands often, avoid touching your face and stay out of crowds and most importantly, get your flu shot. A flu shot provides many benefits, including keeping you from getting sick with flu and reducing the severity of the flu if infected.
“The Froedtert & MCW health network understands the importance of protecting our community, and we are making every effort to safely and effectively provide flu vaccinations to those who are interested and most in need,” said Jonathon Truwit, MD, enterprise chief medical officer, Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin health network. “We offer many safe and convenient options for getting a flu shot including drive-thru clinics, availability at our pharmacies, through our FastCare® locations and at our Froedtert & MCW health centers. This is the first year we’re offering the drive-thru flu vaccine option and hope to expand this offering in the future.”
- Flu shots are available for individuals over the age of 6.
- Masks must be worn.
- We recommend wearing a short-sleeved shirt.
- A vaccine consent form must be completed. Consent forms will be available at the drive-thru but individuals are encouraged to complete ahead of time.
- Most insurance plans are accepted. Before arriving, please check with insurance regarding coverage.
- Individuals do not have to be a patient registered at Froedtert & MCW health network.
- Cash is not accepted and alternative locations are listed at the end of the release.
- Children who are especially afraid of shots or anyone with special needs is encouraged to use one of the health center or pharmacy options.
For more information about how to safely receive a flu shot, visit froedtert.com/flu.