Milwaukee, Wis. — Froedtert Hospital, Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital and Froedtert West Bend Hospital were named "LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Top Performers" in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Healthcare Equality Index (HEI). All three hospitals received a score of 95 out of 100.
The HEI surveys the nation's healthcare facilities on policies and practices dedicated to the equitable treatment and inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) patients, visitors and employees. More than 900 healthcare facilities participated in the 2022 HEI survey.
HEI award criteria
- Policies and training in LGBTQ+ patient-centered care
- LGBTQ+ patient services and support
- Employee benefits and policies
- Patient and community engagement
"Earning the HEI Top Performer Award demonstrates our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion within our walls and in the diverse communities we serve," said Cathy Jacobson, president and CEO of Froedtert Health. "We're proud to be recognized as a leader in the industry for our robust LGBTQ+ inclusive policies that help ensure our patients, providers and staff feel valued, safe and heard."
- The Froedtert & MCW Inclusion Health Clinics provide comprehensive medical care to the LGBTQ+ community that is culturally responsive, respectful and equitable.
- Froedtert Health's active LGBTQA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, and Allies) business resource group focuses on initiatives such as workplace, patient care and community engagement needs that impact LGBTQ+ populations.
- A Patient Equity and Inclusion Program Manager partners with the Inclusion Health Clinic and the BRG to help maintain an inclusive environment for patients and staff.
About the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Health Network
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin's only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, an internationally recognized training and research center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes nine hospital locations, more than 2,000 physicians and more than 45 health centers and clinics, draws patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation. In our most recent fiscal year, outpatient visits were nearly 1.5 million, inpatient admissions to our hospitals were 55,085 and visits to our network physicians exceeded 1.1 million.
About the Human Rights Campaign Foundation
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation is the educational arm of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for LGBTQ+ people. Through its programs, the HRC Foundation seeks to make transformational change in the everyday lives of LGBTQ+ people, shedding light on inequity and deepening the public's understanding of LGBTQ+ issues, with a clear focus on advancing transgender and racial justice.