Our Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Program is a world-class resource — combining specialty expertise, state-of-the-science technology and consistent research leadership to provide comprehensive services for all movement disorders.
Expertise in Parkinson's, Essential Tremor, Dystonia, Spasticity and Huntington's Disease
We are dedicated to improving the quality of life for people who face movement disorders. The program offers the broadest range of care options available in the region, helping people with movement disorders cope with physical symptoms, emotional issues, social stigmas and other concerns related to these disorders.
Movement disorders don’t just affect the person who is diagnosed, so the program actively involves family members in all aspects of care.
For the most complex to the most common movement disorders, our knowledgeable and experienced team offers the full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment choices, many found only at an academic medical center.
We’re one of the longest-standing providers in the area, offering patients unique advantages such as:
- Board-certified physicians who are specialists in Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders, with fellowship-training and decades of experience identifying causes and most effective treatments.
- Innovative technology and treatment options including deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery. Our neurosurgery team has been involved in DBS since its outset, and has performed more than 3,000 DBS procedures.
- Individualized, coordinated care from a team of specialists with expertise in the areas of neurology, neurosurgery, neuropsychology, geriatric neuropsychology, physical and rehabilitation medicine, speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, dietetics, social work, genetic counseling and nursing.
- Active involvement of the patient and family members in treatment planning.
- An academic medical center setting where patients benefit as soon as possible from research advancements related to treating movement disorders.
- A dedication to enhancing quality of life, working to improve all aspects of each patient’s health and wellbeing.
Exercise Class for People With Parkinson's Disease
Join the licensed therapists from the Froedtert & MCW Neurologic Rehabilitation Program for a six-week exercise course designed for those with a Parkinson’s disease diagnosis.Learn More
Specialists at Diagnosing & Treating Movement Disorders
Because many conditions can cause balance problems, tremor and other symptoms of movement disorders, accurately diagnosing movement disorders is essential to finding the most successful treatment options. With specialized expertise and extensive experience, our movement disorders physicians know the best ways to find the cause of the symptoms – whether neurological or other in nature.
Patients may be referred to the Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Program by their physicians, or they may find a physician by calling 1-800-DOCTORS. The program serves many patients looking for a second opinion about their diagnosis and treatment options, and welcomes these requests.
Part of the Comprehensive Neurosciences Center
The Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Program is part of our comprehensive Neurosciences Center. The Center is a leader in Wisconsin in caring for patients with a wide range of brain, spine and central nervous system disorders. This unparalleled resource offers access to specialty-trained physicians and staff, neuro-imaging technology and treatment options aimed at providing the most effective, evidence-based care for patients.
Caring for All Types of Movement Disorders
Thanks to the longevity of our program and the expansive knowledge of our physicians, patients with movement disorders of all types can feel confident about finding answers and relief from their symptoms. Experience, research and a history of successful treatment carefully guide all aspects of diagnosis and treatment for each patient.