Reconstructive procedures of the face restore function and appearance following injury or when dealing with a severe illness such as cancer.
Our physician team includes surgeons who are board-certified in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, as well as otolaryngology. These highly skilled experts have completed rigorous surgical training in the complex structures of the face, head and neck. As specialists who focus only on the face, they are experienced in the full spectrum of cosmetic surgery and reconstructive facial plastic surgery.
Facial reconstruction procedures may include:
- Ear reconstructive surgery, to treat congenital defects (present at birth) and deformities resulting from trauma, cancer or other causes.
- Nose reconstructive surgery, to treat nasal deformities following trauma or cancer, and those related to congenital defects or prior nasal surgery.
- Scar treatment, performed to smooth, minimize or otherwise improve the appearance and function of facial features impacted by scarring.
- Skin cancer facial reconstruction after Mohs surgery, to repair wounds, restore function and reduce scarring that may result from skin cancer treatment. Our specialized facial plastic surgeons perform these procedures on some of the most delicate areas of the nose, ears, eyelids and other facial structures.
- Facial trauma treatment, to repair or reconstruct multiple areas of the nose, mouth, ears and other facial structures following an injury to the face, head or neck.
- Facial reanimation or paralysis correction, using procedures such as nerve grafting and muscle transfer to restore movement and function to all areas of the face.
Virtual Visits Are Available
Safe and convenient virtual visits by video let you get the care you need via a mobile device, tablet or computer wherever you are. We'll assess your condition and develop a treatment plan right away. To schedule a virtual visit, call 414-777-7700.