The successful management of pulmonary hypertension requires a coordinated team of specialists. The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Pulmonary Hypertension Program team consists of a robust and specialized group that includes experienced, board-certified pulmonologists with advanced training and experience in the care of patients with pulmonary hypertension.
Other caregivers include:
- Cardiologists who actively participate in care along with the pulmonary hypertension specialist if a patient is found to have other underlying heart conditions in addition to PH. Some of our cardiologists also focus in the care of patients with pulmonary hypertension due to congenital heart disease and Group II causes of pulmonary hypertension.
- A rheumatologist who may be involved to help manage patients who developed pulmonary hypertension or lung fibrosis secondary to a collagen vascular disease (e.g., scleroderma, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis).
- Our specialized nurses who help coordinate a team plan to address the unique needs of each patient and his or her family.
- Our inpatient and outpatient pulmonary hypertension team, which coordinates the management of our patients in the event of a hospital admission. The team includes our PH advanced practice provider and nurse coordinator, who assist in the continuity of care between inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Our program’s administrative assistant who help patients with test and visit scheduling needs.
- Knowledgeable pharmacists who review medications and monitor for side effects and drug interactions.
- Social workers who assist with social or financial issues that may arise during a patient’s treatment
- Pulmonary rehabilitation staff who work with the patient to improve his or her activity level.
Our Physician Team
Advanced Practice Provider
Tina Stiyer, BSN