Our highly trained pulmonary care physicians, staff and research leaders care for individuals with diseases affecting the lungs including rare diseases that require specialized care. These include:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Respiratory Insufficiency
- Sleep Medicine
Pulmonary Care Program Highlights
- One of the largest programs in Wisconsin for adults with cystic fibrosis; Accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- The first Pulmonary Hypertension Program in Wisconsin accredited as a Pulmonary Hypertension Care Center by the Pulmonary Hypertension Association
- The only combined medical management and counseling program for tobacco use and dependence that utilizes a multidisciplinary team in southeast Wisconsin
The Right Diagnosis
Our team uses the latest evidence-based treatment approaches and technologies to diagnose all types of pulmonary disease. Our sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic technologies include radial and linear EBUS, navigational bronchoscopy, bronchial thermoplasty and endobronchial ultrasound. Our specialists understand and use the latest techniques to provide you with the answers you need and the most appropriate treatment for you.
Advanced Lung Disease Treatment Options
Our pulmonology team bring nationally respected research to patient care and provides a number of advanced treatment options, including pulmonary thromboendarterectomy or PTE for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, lung volume reduction surgery (LVRS) and bronchoscopic lung volume reduction for emphysema.
Nationally Ranked and High Performing
St. Joseph's Hospital ranks nationally in pulmonology and lung surgery in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals list.
Additionally, Froedtert Hospital is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in four adult specialties and six procedures and conditions, including pulmonology and lung surgery.