You may be experiencing some of these pulmonary disorder symptoms.
- Shortness of breath in daily activities
- Difficulty completing daily activities
- Limited exercise tolerance
- Frequent hospitalizations
- Frequent respiratory infections
Our team will start by getting your complete medical history and performing physical exam. That will help us determine which of the following tests will help make a complete diagnosis.
- Cardiopulmonary exercise tests: Exercise stress tests or treadmill stress tests, and myocardial perfusion imaging to pinpoint a cause and find a treatment
- Imaging, including X-ray and MRI and CT, PET and nuclear scans
- Lung cancer screening
- Navigational bronchoscopy: A physician uses a tube with a small camera to look inside the lungs’ airways and take tissue or fluid samples.
- Pulmonary function tests (PFT): Non-invasive tests that measure how well the lungs are working. PFTs can include:
- Spirometry to measure lung function
- Diffusing capacity to measure ability to absorb and expel gases
- Lung volume measurements.
- Radial and linear ultrasound
- Six-minute walk test: Measures the distance an individual is able to walk over a total of six minutes on a hard, flat surface.
Recognized as High Performing by U.S. News & World Report
Froedtert Hospital is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in pulmonology and lung surgery, lung cancer surgery, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and pneumonia care. Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital is also recognized as high performing for COPD.