Updated: July 13 | En Español
Right Care. Right Place. Right Time.
You can count on us to do all that is possible to reduce risk, exposure and stress through safe and exceptional care options. Whether virtually or in person, we are here and ready to care for you safely.
It's not always necessary to come to a clinic to see your doctor in person. For your safety and convenience, many Froedtert & MCW providers offer virtual visits. This allows you to video chat with a doctor via mobile device, tablet or computer right from home or wherever you are.
Virtual visits are available to new and existing patients and are a secure way to be seen for most health care needs. You can start your virtual visit right now, or schedule with a provider during normal clinic hours. Whichever option you choose, our mobile app makes it easy to connect with us virtually.
If your concern is best handled in person, you can feel confident that your provider’s office is a safe place. With the help of our academic health experts and continued guidance from our local and state departments of health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we are safely resuming in-person visits when needed.
If you have an urgent condition that needs medical attention, please do not delay in seeking care. In addition to scheduled clinic visits, we offer a variety of same-day care options.
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority
We’re taking extra precautions to keep you safe, including:
- Face Coverings. Everyone wears a face covering. By wearing face coverings, we help protect each other. If you do not have a face covering, we will provide one. Exceptions will be made for patients who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability. Exceptions will not be made for visitors or staff.
- Hand Hygiene. Hand washing and sanitizing is a priority for us. Hand sanitizer is available at all entrances and throughout our facilities.
- Screenings. Patients, visitors and staff are verbally screened for COVID-19 symptoms. If you have symptoms, we may encourage a virtual visit or take other safety measures. Visitors must be symptom-free to continue their visit.
- Social Distancing. We have rearranged the furniture in public spaces to promote social distancing and will minimize the time you spend in waiting areas before your appointment.
- Visitor Restrictions. We limit the number of people in our facilities. This reduces your risk of exposure and allows for greater social distancing to occur.
- Enhanced Cleaning. We follow the strictest disinfecting guidelines on a 24/7 basis.
What to Expect for Clinic Visits
We understand that visiting any health care facility during this time may cause some concern. That is why we want to assure you of the safe, expert care you will receive. Here is what you can expect when you visit one of our locations.
1. Scheduling Your Appointment
Safety precautions begin before your visit. When scheduling, our team will help determine which care option is right for you. If an in-person visit best meets your needs, we will walk you through our COVID-19 screening questions and how to prepare for your visit.
- We will ask if you are currently experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, headache or sore throat.
- If you are, we will encourage a virtual visit or discuss other safety measures necessary for you to be seen in-person.
How to Prepare for Your Visit
- Please wear a face covering when entering our facilities and during your visit. If you do not have a face covering, we will provide one.
- Limit the number of people who come with you. For clinic visits, our visitor policy generally allows one visitor or support person per patient. Anyone accompanying you must wear a face covering at all times and be symptom-free.
2. Pre-Appointment Screening
Depending on the nature and location of your visit, our team may contact you 1 – 2 days before your appointment to screen for COVID-19 symptoms and, if needed, discuss other options for care.
3. When You Arrive
Our staff will welcome you at your designated entrance or check-in desk. To ensure the safety of everyone, you and anyone permitted to accompany you will be:
- Verbally screened for COVID-19 symptoms
- Instructed to sanitize your hands
- Given a face mask, if you do not already have one
4. During Your Visit
Please wear your face covering at all times, unless otherwise instructed by your care team, and maintain a safe-six foot distance from others to the greatest extent possible. You will notice extensive safety precautions in waiting areas and other public spaces, including:
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Furniture rearranged or removed to promote social distancing
- Floor markers to guide you in maintaining a safe, six-foot distance from others
- Safety messages posted as a reminder to all
- Magazines, coat racks, beverage stations and other commonly shared items removed
- Enhanced cleaning practices, including frequent disinfecting of high-touch surfaces such as elevator buttons, vending machines and door handles
5. When You Meet With Your Care Team
You can expect thoughtful, expert care in a safe environment.
- You and your care team will stay masked whenever possible.
- Your care team will wear protective eyewear or a face shield and other personal protective equipment, such as a gown or gloves, as needed.
- Our providers and staff are screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to reporting to work to confirm they are well.
- Examination and procedure rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between every patient using stringent guidelines.
- Froedtert Pharmacy offers many ways to stay safe while getting your prescriptions, including free home delivery, drive-thru and curbside pickup.