The following programs are only offered at our NX Level - Wauwatosa location.
Our Runners' Clinic team understands the physical demands of running and use data-driven, holistic approaches when designing performance improvement and injury treatment programs for you.
Performance Enhancement for Runners
You deserve individual attention to your personal goals and attributes that make you unique. The services provided at the Runners’ Clinic are exclusively tailored to you and provide specific and effective ways to address your particular needs. Whether you run a few miles on weekends or participate in marathons, our experts can help you achieve your maximum performance level.
Our physical therapists will customize your session based on your running goals and injury status. Together you can choose the services that best fit your needs.
Runners’ Clinic Services
- Musculoskeletal evaluation
- Video gait analysis
- Custom-made home exercise program specific for your running needs
- Training plan advice and guidelines for return to running after injury
- Tips for training surfaces, footwear and more
$110.00 per 60-minute session
Performance Nutrition Assessment—Initial
If you are a competitive athlete, involved in a team or individual sport, or an avid exerciser wanting to optimize performance, the Performance Nutrition Assessment is for you! The Sports Nutrition dietitian will address your specific nutrition concerns and develop plan to reach your goal(s). No special work on your part is needed prior to this session, just a desire to improve your performance through nutrition. The performance nutrition assessment includes:
- Individualized nutrition counseling in the context of athletic performance and health.
- Assessment and analysis of body composition, dietary intake, and nutrient needs of the athlete.
- Topics discussed may range from game day/race day nutrition, nutrient timing, and nutrition for recovery to weight management, meal planning, and portion control. Discussion will be customized to meet the specific needs of the athlete.
- Athletes will walk away with great information, handouts and/or goals from each session.
- Fee: $90
Performance Nutrition Assessment — Follow Up
- Follow up with the Sports Nutrition dietitian is encouraged to best support you in reaching your nutrition and performance goals. Continued follow up allows for ongoing nutrition education and adjustments to your nutrition program throughout training seasons, into competition or other specific circumstances.
- Fee: $60
Team-Centered Performance Nutrition Program
In addition to individual nutrition counseling, group-based sports nutrition services is also offered. These services include:
- Educational presentations, demonstrations and handouts/guides. Topics are tailored to meet the needs and interests of the team/group.
- Team Body Composition Analysis. Body composition can be assessed (measured via Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) for each athlete at certain intervals per coach/team preference (beginning/end of ‘off-season,’ twice a year, every 3-4 months, etc). Analysis with recommendations provided to each athlete.
- Fee: Determined per contract
Injury Assessment and Rehabilitation
Running can take a toll on the body which sometimes results in pain or injury. The Runners’ Clinic offers a comprehensive approach to treatment for all types of running-related injuries to optimize your return to running.
Injury Evaluation With a Physician
- Our physicians who specialize in running will diagnose your injury and recommend the next appropriate step towards recovery.
- MD evaluation: Based on insurance coverage
- A Runners’ Clinic physical therapist will perform a full musculoskeletal evaluation and develop a therapy plan of care to get you back to running injury free. Your physical therapist will conduct a video gait analysis with emphasis on your current injury. The course of treatment often involves therapeutic exercise and manual therapy.
- An individualized home exercise program is included to further your progress outside of the clinic.
- Follow-up sessions are usually scheduled one to two times per week, depending on the injury, individual needs and insurance coverage.
- Evaluation fee: Based on insurance coverage.
AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
- Our “anti-gravity” treadmill allows you to train between 20 percent and 100 percent of your body weight. The treadmill is a great tool to allow you to train with reduced impact.
- 10-minute one-time trial: FREE.
30-minute single sessions: $15.00
10 sessions for 30 minutes each = $100.00
10 sessions for 60 minutes each = $175.00
Call us at 414-805-7114 for more information. We can help you determine which of the programs is the best fit for you.