Runners' Clinic team members understand the physical demands of running and use data-driven, holistic approaches when designing performance improvement and injury treatment programs for you.
Enhance Running Performance and Prevent Injury
You deserve individual attention to your personal goals and attributes that make you unique. The services provided at the Runners’ Clinic are exclusively tailored to you and provide specific and effective ways to address your particular needs. Whether you run a few miles on weekends or participate in marathons, our experts can help you achieve your maximum performance level.
- Our professionals will perform a head to toe musculoskeletal evaluation and a video gait analysis to provide you with valuable information on injury and performance. We will customize a home exercise program that utilizes these findings to achieve your personal running goals.
- 45-minute assessment: $100.00
- Our athletic trainers and strength and conditioning coaches will help you reach unparalleled levels of strength, agility, balance, endurance and speed.
- Race Day Prep: We provide a personalized training calendar to prepare you for race day for all race lengths — 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon.
$50 (*Only offered with the selection of a NX Level training package or running evaluation.)
- VO2 Max Test measures the maximum amount of oxygen your body can utilize during intense exercise. From this test, we are able to estimate your lactate threshold (the point at which muscle fatigue sets in) and determine your personal heart rate training zones. Metabolic Testing Preparation Information for VO2 test
VO2 Test with interpretation: $100
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) analysis gauges the amount of energy (calories) your body requires to support basic functions at rest, including breathing and circulation. Your RMR is used to calculate the amount of calories needed for weight management and optimal performance.
RMR Test with interpretation: $75
- Metabolic Testing Informed Consent Form
- Performance Nutrition Assessment looks at each athlete's unique nutritional needs. This is your opportunity to consult with our registered sports dietician. You will work together to create a customized plan to achieve your performance nutrition goals and address your dietary concerns.
Initial session: $85/Follow-up session: $55
- Grocery Store/Pantry Performance teaches the “tricks of the performance nutrition trade.” Get the most out of your grocery store and optimize your nutrition by interpreting food labels, decipher store layouts, find bargains and use unique products to maximize your time in the store. Our registered sports dietician will make a trip to your home to discuss the current state of affairs in your pantry. You will learn grocery alternatives to help feed you and/or your family in a healthier manner.
One session: $149
Treating a Runner's Pain or Injury
Running can take a toll on the body which sometimes results in pain or injury. The Runners’ Clinic offers a comprehensive approach to treatment for all types of running-related injuries to optimize your return to running.
Injury Evaluation With a Physician
- Our physicians who specialize in running will diagnose your injury and recommend the next appropriate step towards recovery.
- MD evaluation: Based on insurance coverage
- A Runners’ Clinic physical therapist will perform a full musculoskeletal evaluation and develop a therapy plan of care to get you back to running injury free. Your physical therapist will conduct a video gait analysis with emphasis on your current injury. The course of treatment often involves therapeutic exercise and manual therapy.
- An individualized home exercise program is included to further your progress outside of the clinic.
- Follow-up sessions are usually scheduled one to two times per week, depending on the injury, individual needs and insurance coverage.
- Requires a physician referral.
AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
- Our “anti-gravity” treadmill allows you to train between 20 percent and 100 percent of your body weight. The treadmill is a great tool to allow you to train with reduced impact.
- 10-minute one-time trial: FREE.
30-minute single sessions: $15.00
Monthly membership: Call for pricing
Call us at 414-805-7114 for more information. We can help you determine which of the programs is the best fit for you.
Runners’ Clinic Hours
Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Runners’ Clinic Professionals
Craig Young, MD
Andrea McCarthy, DPT
Sara Ziegele, DPT
Ally Stone, LAT
Michael Klaver, MS, LAT