As the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold, we are monitoring our supply needs. While our locations are still currently stocked, we have been getting calls and e-mails from grateful individuals and suppliers who are willing to donate personal protective equipment (PPE) for our staff.
To that end, and in hope of preventing additional illnesses, we are now accepting donations of new and unused PPE. Types of PPE that we are accepting include:
- Masks – As the CDC has revised its acceptable mask guidelines for the prevention of infection, we are accepting both N95 respirator and ear loop surgical masks. These masks can also be sometimes used in the construction industry. We will gladly accept any new and unused masks from construction sites.
- Eye Protection – Similarly, any clean eye protection is also being accepted. This includes goggles and safety glasses from other industries that may have slowed due to social distancing.
- Hand Sanitizer – As you can never have enough, we are accepting personal-sized hand sanitizers. Please note that, per CDC guidelines, we can only accept sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Hand-Sewn Masks – We will accept hand-sewn masks that follow the instructions we provided thanks to our friends at Mount Mary University. Click the button below for guidelines and pattern details.
- Other – If you know of a manufacturer looking to support health care providers, or you’d like us to consider other PPE donations, please e-mail email@example.com. Food and other in-kind donation (gifts, thank you signs, etc.) inquiries can be sent to FoodandMealDonations@froedtert.com.
Additionally, in an effort to ensure that we can properly deliver necessary care, please be cognizant of any extra ventilators, perhaps from any veterinary practices, that you may encounter. We would be happy to accept those, as well.
If you have any of the above supplies and are willing to donate them to our health network, you’d be playing a major part in helping our community and health care workers stay healthy and preventing the further spread of the virus.
How to Contact Us About Donations
Please note that, at this time, this e-mail is monitored Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the donation box between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday at:
Menomonee Falls location – Drop-off or mailed donations
Integrated Service Center
N86 W12999 Nightingale Way
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Wauwatosa location – Accepting donations here until June 12 (drop-off only)
Medical Office Building
601 N. 99th St.
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
To protect our patients, staff and the donors, no donations can be accepted at any of the Froedtert & MCW hospitals or health centers.
Add new comment
Hi Joann -
I've just sent you an e-mail with a link to this blog with the updated guidelines and donation information about hand-sewn masks.
Thanks for your patience, generosity and support!
Restaurants and beauty salons and supply houses use gloves that I would think could be used in hospitals. At some point these may also be in short supply.
Hi Karen -
Thank you for this suggestion. If you know of a manufacturer looking to support health care providers, or you’d like us to consider other donations, please e-mail email@example.com.
Thanks for your patience,