Let you and your family open the window to 2021. Start out the new year with a new you and how you and your cancer family are going to handle your cancer situation for the next year. Some ideas to think about:
- Start by having a positive attitude think about your current situation as temporary. Spend more time thinking about your long-term goals.
- “This cancer is no longer going to control me in my current lifestyle.” Think about adjusting the things you used to enjoy and what you would like to do in the future.
- Start thinking and acting on your long-term plans such as walking, traveling, cooking, baking, gardening and different interests or hobbies you might enjoy.
- Some major hospitals have a variety of activities for cancer patients such as wellness and fitness programs such as the Small Stones Wellness Centers.
- Consider taking an active role in your spiritual growth by joining a Bible study group through your church or synagogue or by getting a study Bible for your time of personal study.
What are your resolutions for 2021? Share in the comments section.
I would like close out 2020 by recognizing and giving strength to all the cancer survivors and their families fighting the relentless effects of this earthly disease. Also, I’d like to recognize the cancer patients and families that fought this battle a lot harder than the survivors. May we all have a blessed New Year and live this earthly life to the fullest.