General surgery is the term used for minor surgical procedures, including gallbladder or appendix removal or hernia repair. Vascular Surgery is the evaluation and possible surgical treatment of diseases or conditions of the blood vessels.
Surgery Treatment Options
General and Vascular Surgery expertise includes many traditional surgeries such as cholecystectomies, appendectomies, herniorrahaphies, and vasectomies.
Several of our physicians are trained in robotic-assisted surgery, a minimally invasive surgery technique offering many benefits for patients. Robotic surgery is available at Froedtert Hospital and Community Memorial Hospital.
Our highly skilled surgeons are not limited to these procedures. They also provide outstanding care in a variety of specialized surgical procedures.
- Head and neck surgery
- Pediatric surgery; hernias, circumcisions and revisions of circumcisions, lesion removals
- Hand surgery; removal of ganglion cysts, trigger fingers, carpal tunnel
- Advanced laparoscopic surgeries; adrenalectomy, appendectomy, cholecystectomy, colon resection, herniorrhaphy, splenectomy and hiatal hernia
- Gastric reflux surgery
- Vascular surgery; carotid endarterectomy, popliteal bypass surgery, carotid duplex surgeries, vascular trauma surgeries, aortic aneurysm and other surgeries for peripheral vascular disease
- Burn care and skin grafting
- Thoracic surgery
- Endocrine surgeries (minimally invasive), parathyroid thyroid, adrenal, pancreas and esophageal
Locations for General Surgery
- Procedure Arrival and Recovery
(formerly Day Surgery)
Center for Advanced Care, Froedtert Hospital
- Community Memorial Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- Drexel Town Square Health Center (Opens Jan. 18, 2018. Now accepting appointments.)
- Germantown Health Center
- Hartford Health Center