When friends or a close family member chooses Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Froedtert Hospital for liver transplantation, they are choosing to receive care from a nationally recognized team of highly experienced transplant surgeons, hepatologists and other transplant experts.
With a central focus on patients, the team provides all aspects of transplant care before, during and long after the procedure. The End-Stage Liver Disease and Liver Transplant Program team includes the following specialists:
Liver Transplant Surgeons
Liver Transplant and Living Donor Support Staff
In addition to liver transplant surgeons and hepatologists, many highly trained liver transplant and living donor specialists support patients and their families. These specialists include:
- Transplant clinical coordinators
- Post-transplant coordinators
- Living donor advocates
- Transplant advanced practice providers, including nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Transplant psychologists
- Transplant social workers
- Transplant registered dietitians
- Transplant pharmacists
- Transplant financial liaisons
Learn more about the critical roles these professionals play for transplant patients.