With an accredited adult Level I Trauma Center, the Froedtert & MCW health network is responsible for providing regional leadership on trauma prevention and education. The Trauma Center offers many educational programs including those for health care professionals:
- Acute Care Surgery — Focuses on the acutely ill surgical patient, with in-depth information on emergency general surgery, surgical critical care and trauma care. For more information, please send us an e-mail.
- Annual Acute Care Surgery Symposium open to all in healthcare with an interest in Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency General Surgery.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) courses — trauma care for physicians and physician extenders. To search for an ATLS Course, please go to facs.org/quality-programs/trauma/atls and choose ATLS Course Search.
- Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) – continuing education for nurses in trauma
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) — continuing education for nurses in trauma
- Advanced Trauma Care Nurse course (ATCN) — advanced education for nurses in trauma
- Lunda Lecture — an annual trauma education event for physicians, residents, fellows, students and nurses.
- Trauma acute care, critical care surgery residency education
- Trauma fellowship
- Trauma post-doc research fellowship
- Trauma health psychology fellowship
- Crash Simulation for Teens
- Surgical Critical Care fellowship
For information about educational programs, contact Dana Eick via e-mail or by calling 414-805-8770.