Fertility Treatment Options (Every Day Health 2022)
Jayme Bosler, MD, reproductive medicine specialist, talks about the treatment options available to people trying to conceive and the advantages of choosing the Froedtert & MCW Reproductive Medicine Center.
What is infertility?
Infertility is defined as failing to conceive after 12 months of trying with regular unprotected intercourse in a heterosexual couple. If you've been trying for over 12 months you should make an appointment with us to discuss possible fertility treatment options.
What types of fertility treatment options are available?
For someone struggling with infertility, there are a lot of options.
- Ovulation induction done with oral medications or injectable medications
- Intrauterine inseminations either with your male partner sperm or donor sperm
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Gestational carrier cycles
- Fertility preservation cycles
- Donor egg cycles
- Donor embryo cycles
Why choose Froedtert & MCW fertility treatment?
There are several reasons to make an appointment with us.
- Our Reproductive Medicine Center does the most IVF cycles and frozen embryo transfer cycles in the state of Wisconsin.
- Our multi-disciplinary team has the most experience and meets weekly to discuss upcoming cycles.
- We are open 7 days a week and on holidays because your reproductive system doesn't follow regular business hours."