Volunteers have been serving Froedtert West Bend Hospital since 1937 when a small group of women met in members' homes to sew for the hospital nursery. Over the years, the role of volunteers expanded to assisting patients and visitors, providing service in a variety of hospital departments and supporting the community. Volunteers are "partners" in the patient care experience at Froedtert West Bend Hospital and dedicate their time to offer Froedtert West Bend Hospital staff and visitors a helping hand assisting them wherever help is needed.
Since 1964, Partners have contributed more than 675,000 hours of service and more than $1.1 million to the hospital for the purchase of equipment, patient care needs, special projects and programs. Each year, Partners also award $17,000 in scholarships to three local high school seniors pursuing a degree in a health care field.
Today, male and female Partner volunteers of all ages generously give their time and talent as they work in the hospital, clinics, the Kraemer Cancer Center, at home and with fundraising events and activities.
Froedtert West Bend Hospital is seeking volunteers interested in a minimum one year membership and those willing to provide a minimum of 15 hours of service annually.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old. Some service areas have minimum age requirements.
Although we appreciate interest in volunteering at Froedtert West Bend Hospital, the Volunteer Services Department is unable to accept students or other volunteers who are seeking to obtain the following:
- Specific or general health care experience
- Clinical or nonclinical work experience
- Fulfillment of mandated community service hours
- Short-term opportunities
If you meet the criteria for volunteering at Froedtert West Bend Hospital please consider applying online or stopping by for an application packet.
This is a comprehensive list of volunteer opportunities. Some service areas may not have vacancies at the time an application is submitted. Volunteers may be asked to assist in other areas until openings arise in the area of their choice. All service areas require the ability to volunteer independently and many require volunteers to be on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Advisory Council: Meets monthly, provides input regarding volunteer program.
- At-Home Projects: Sewing and knitting.
- Birth Center Cuddler Program: This service area is currently at capacity. We are not accepting new Cuddler volunteers/applicants at this time.
- Breast Center: Provide patient changing instructions, way finding and clerical duties. Monday – Friday, day shift.
- Cancer Center: Clerical duties, patient comfort and companionship. Monday – Friday, morning and afternoon shifts.
- Cardiac Rehab: Greet patients, clerical duties and restocking supplies. Monday – Friday, morning and afternoon shifts, adults only.
- Clinic Greeter: Greet and assist patients and visitors as well as way finding. Monday – Friday, morning and afternoon shifts.
- Emergency Department: Support and assist patients, families and staff. Monday – Friday, morning and afternoon shifts, adults only.
- Fundraising Projects: Cookie sales, plant sales, bake sales, vendor sales, Love Light Tree, Enchantment in the Park. Varied days and shifts.
- Gift Shop: Various opportunities include cashiering, floral arranging, merchandise check in and pricing. Open 7 days/week. Morning, afternoon and evening shifts available. Students under 16 years old volunteer in teams of two.
- Hospital Greeter/Transport Desk: Greet and assist patients/visitors, way finding, lead or transport patients to hospital departments, deliver flowers/mail, monitor coffee kiosk. This service area requires volunteers to be on their feet or walking the majority of their shift. Monday – Friday, morning, afternoon and some evening shifts available.
- Mailroom: Sort incoming mail. Monday – Friday, morning and afternoon shifts.
- Patient folder preparation: Assemble welcome folders; manage forms for medical/surgical unit. Monday – Friday, morning and afternoon shifts.
- Froedtert West Bend Hospital Foundation