Thai Tofu Quinoa Bowl Recipe
For the sauce:
- 1 package extra firm tofu (15 oz), diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Srircha sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
NUTRITION FACTS (1 serving, 1/6 of recipe)
- 30 minutes before cooking, drain and rinse tofu.
- Wrap in clean dish towel and place on rimmed dinner plate.
- Place another plate on top and weight down with something heavy to press out some of the excess liquid.
- Let sit 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Toss tofu, soy sauce and sesame oil in bowl.
- Place tofu in single layer on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes tossing every ten minutes to crisp tofu on all sides.
- Toast and cook quinoa.
- Place a medium sizes sauce pan on medium low heat.
- Add in dry quinoa and toast for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Add broth to quinoa, lower heat slightly.
- Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Make the sauce:
- Place peanut butter in bowl and microwave for 10 seconds to melt.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Toast the almonds:
- Place almonds in small sauce pan.
- Cook on medium low heat, stirring occasionally until almonds are golden grown.
- Toss together quinoa, vegetables, herbs, tofu, and nuts.
- Pour sauce over everything and toss to combine. ENJOY!
Total Fat: 10 g
Total Carbohydrates: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 12 g