PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residency
National Match Code: 616652
Director of Pharmacy
Philip Brummond, PharmD, MS
PGY2 Critical Care Program Director
William J. Peppard, PharmD
Duration/Type: 12-month residency
Number of Positions: 1 Application Deadline: January 6, 2014
Starting Date: July 1, 2014
Interview Required: Yes
This specialty program is designed to provide advanced clinical training and leadership opportunities from a dedicated critical care preceptor team. This program is built upon many years of experience training PGY1 residents.
- Research projects and teaching activities are tailored to meet the needs/interests of the resident.
- Residents will have the opportunity to precept residents and PharmD students on clinical rotations.
- BLS and ACLS training will be provided.
- External publications and presentations are encouraged.
Sample resident rotation schedule
Requirements for Acceptance
- Completion of PGY1 pharmacy residency
- Applicants are required to submit a program application to PhORCAS. Three projects must be submitted by candidates who are selected for an onsite interview.
- Surgical/Trauma Critical Care
- Critical Care Medicine
- Neurosurgical Critical Care
- Cardiovascular Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine/Toxicology
- Infectious Disease
- Peri-operative Pharmacy Services
- Academia (at Concordia School of Pharmacy)
- Pediatric/Neonatal Critical Care (at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin)