Application for the Registry: American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
In the spring of the second year, each intern will receive an application form for the Registry exam. The ARRT rules and regulations require that candidates must have successfully completed a program of formal education before sitting for the exam. The registry examination is computer based. The intern will schedule with a testing center to take the exam.
The School of Radiologic Technology will exceed the JRCERT standards regarding ARRT pass rate and job placement rates by setting the following standards:
- 85% of all graduates will successfully complete the ARRT examination on the first attempt and 100% of all graduates will successfully complete
the examination within two attempts.
- 85% of all interns entering their second year will complete all second year courses and the program.
- 85% of interns entering their second year will complete the program within the two-
year time frame.
- The average course completion and program completion rate for first year interns will be at least 85%.
- A job placement rate of 75% within 12 months of graduation.
- Attrition rates will be reviewed annually and every attempt to keep attrition levels at no more than 30% will be made.
For more information on the profession, please go to the following sites:
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology