Spiritual Services provided by Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin are a collaboration effort with caregivers in our hospitals and the communities we serve to provide physical, emotional and spiritual strength to help patients and families during their time in the hospital.
Froedtert Hospital Campus
- Mission: To provide spiritual support to patients, family and staff
- Team: Professional chaplains and trained volunteers representing a variety of spiritual backgrounds
- Commitment: To provide very good spiritual care that respects your spiritual values and enhances holistic care of body, mind and spirit
- Availability: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Contacting a Chaplain: Please call Spiritual Services at 414-805-3000 or the Froedtert Hospital operator at 414-805-3000.
Froedtert Hospital’s All Faiths Chapel is located on the second floor of Froedtert Hospital, between the B and C elevators. The chapel is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The All Faiths Chapel provides a peaceful space for prayer, reflection, spiritual renewal and worship. It is a sacred space where people of all spiritual backgrounds can explore and experience the presence of that which is most sacred.
This facility is a demonstration of Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin’s commitment to holistic health care of the mind, body and spirit.
- Prayer Box: You may place prayer requests in a special prayer box located in the Chapel. These requests will be lifted during worship.
- Roman Catholic Mass
- Sunday: 10:30 a.m., Roe Auditorium (1st Floor, Froedtert Hospital)
- Wednesday: 11 a.m., Chapel
- Muslim Prayer Service
Child Life Services
A child life specialist is a certified professional who uses developmental, educational and therapeutic interventions to help children cope with illness and hospitalization. Our child life specialist uses her knowledge of child development to educate, prepare and support children during the adult’s hospital stay.
Community Memorial Hospital Campus
The Hospital Chaplains
The hospital chaplains are trained to interact with people of any faith. The chaplain strives to allow the individual's own faith and spiritual beliefs to be discovered and used. Special attention is given to spiritual concerns in hopes of assisting the patient to be at peace or, at best, to begin to find resolution to their concerns.
The program is designed to recognize and respect the struggle of every person, to make sense or to journey with patients as they find meaning in their suffering, their living, their dying and their faith in their God. The program also recognizes that spirituality is more than prayers. It is an awareness of relationships, an appreciation of presence and purpose that includes a sense of meaning. Spirituality can be seen and dealt with in many different ways.
The Spiritual Services at Community Memorial Hospital offers the following services:
- Chapel located on the main floor of the hospital near the lobby, open 24 hours daily for quiet meditation and prayer
- "Care Notes" pamphlets offering comfort and spiritual support for many health-related situations
- Hospital Chaplain or designee available 24 hours for emergencies
- Contacting a patient's religious organization with permission of patient/family
- Memorial Services
- Twice a year for families and friends of patients who have experienced an early pregnancy loss less than 20 weeks.
- Once a year for families, friends and caregivers of patients who have died at Community Memorial in conjunction with Menomonee Falls ecumenical members of LARCUM.
- Bereavement newsletter sent to all families who have a loved one die in the hospital for a year after the death
A number of volunteer support our Spiritual Services staff:
- Friendly Visitors: Volunteers who visit patients to clarify whether the patient has a religious/spiritual community they belong to and would like the church contacted.
- Catholic Communion Minister: Catholic Communion is distributed on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
St. Joseph's Hospital Campus
The chapel is located off the lobby and available 24 hours a day for reflection or prayer.