Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
If you and your partner have been unable to have a baby, you’re not alone. One out of seven couples has infertility concerns and trouble conceiving. The good news is that fertility treatments offer more hope for a successful pregnancy than ever before.
Fertility specialists at the Reproductive Medicine Center at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, with locations in Menomonee Falls and Appleton, believe infertility is not a woman’s problem or a man’s problem; it’s a couple’s issue, and finding the cause must involve both partners.
As one of the only fertility centers in the Midwest to offer complete evaluation and treatment services for men and women, we take a unique team approach to treating the infertile couple.
Effective Fertility Treatment
When it comes to successful infertility treatment, the simplest things can make the biggest difference.
- The right test ordered at the right time can make achieving pregnancy possible.
- The right combination of fertility experts can turn the possibility of a child into the reality of birth.
- The right kind of patient-physician relationship can transform a potentially stressful and traumatic experience into a very rewarding one.
Our physicians — experts in treating male and female infertility — provide care in a personal and compassionate setting. We take time to get to know our patients, and tailor care to each couple’s unique situation. Couples spend quality time interacting with our physicians, discussing their concerns and getting clear answers to their questions. As a team, our physicians discuss the best way to approach each couple’s fertility treatment. This means patients get the opinion of not one, but three infertility experts.
Because health insurance often does not cover infertility treatment, we’re mindful of the financial burden infertility can place on a couple. Our goal is to help couples conceive in the most natural, cost-effective manner, always keeping in mind their wishes.
The Reproductive Medicine Center offers financial options to help ease the fertility journey:
- Package pricing for clients who do not have insurance coverage for infertility treatment. Package pricing can offer peace of mind by providing a single, set price for specific services. Refund milestones are included for most services.
- Attain™ IVF Program — a treatment approach that improves patient success with in vitro fertilization (IVF).The program refunds up to 100% of the fee if fertility treatments do not result in the birth of a baby. Attain allows patients to stay in IVF treatment longer, improving their chances of success, while limiting financial risk.
We offer basic and advanced, state-of-the-art fertility evaluation and treatment for men and women, including preimplantation genetic diagnosis(PGD) testing, in vitro fertilization, sperm retrieval procedures, minimally invasive surgery, a donor egg program and many other services.
Our practice uses evidence-based treatments. This means we rely on the best current evidence in making decisions about the care of each patient. Evidence-based treatment integrates clinical expertise with the best available research evidence. This contributes to cost-effective care.
We share our treatment results in our Outcomes section.
Fertility doctors aim to lower the rate of twin births
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Reproductive Medicine Center is a leader in Wisconsin in single embryo transfers. The team has historically advocated an evidence-based approach to fertility that results in the very best outcomes, including striving for single births. This approach is mindful of the health of mom and baby. An Associated Press news article helps explain why federal guidelines emphasize the goal of single births.