Health Insurance and Billing
Check your insurance coverage early in your pregnancy by rereading your policy or contacting your insurance company. The hospital will also contact your insurance company to verify your coverage. Some things you will need to know are:
- Is precertification needed?
- When is precertification needed?
- What forms do I need to fill out?
- What forms does the doctor’s office fill out?
- Does my doctor’s office need to call the insurance company?
- What does my insurance cover?
- When does my authorized length of stay begin?
Bring your insurance card with you when you are admitted to our birth center.
Your Hospital Bill
Following your stay at the Birth Center, the hospital will file your insurance claim directly with your carrier. Any portion of the bill not covered by insurance is your responsibility and you will be billed.
If you have questions about your insurance claim or hospital bill, our business office staff is available to answer them. Please call a customer service representative at 262-306-6278.
Payment plans are available. To speak with a financial counselor about this option, please call 262-334-8210.
Please let us know if any of your personal information changes, including name, address or insurance provider.
Read more about insurance and billing related to childbirth at St. Joseph’s Hospital in West Bend.