Spiritual services are provided by Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network in collaboration with caregivers in our hospitals to provide physical, emotional and spiritual support to patients and families during their time in the hospital.
- Mission: To provide spiritual support to patients, family and staff
- Team: Professional chaplains and trained volunteers representing a variety of spiritual backgrounds
- Commitment: To provide very good spiritual care that respects your spiritual values and enhances holistic care of body, mind and spirit
- Availability: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Contacting a Chaplain: Please call Spiritual Services at 414-805-4660 or the Froedtert Hospital operator at 414-805-3000.
Froedtert Hospital’s All Faiths Chapel is located on the second floor of Froedtert Hospital, between the B and C Elevator. The chapel is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The All Faiths Chapel provides a peaceful space for prayer, reflection, spiritual renewal and worship. It is a sacred space where people of all spiritual backgrounds can explore and experience the presence of that which is most sacred.
This facility is a demonstration of Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin’s commitment to holistic health care of the mind, body and spirit.
- Prayer Box: You may place prayer requests in a special prayer box located in the Chapel. These requests will be lifted during worship.
- Roman Catholic Mass
- Sunday: 11 a.m., Roe Auditorium (1st Floor, Froedtert Hospital)
- Muslim Prayer Service
- Friday, 1:30 pm, Chapel
Child Life Services
A child life specialist is a certified professional who uses developmental, educational and therapeutic interventions to help children cope with illness and hospitalization. Our child life specialist uses her knowledge of child development to educate, prepare and support children during the adult’s hospital stay.
Hospital chaplains support people of any faith. Chaplains strive to allow the individual's own faith and spiritual beliefs to be discovered and used. Special attention is given to spiritual concerns in an effort to assist the patient in finding resolution to their concerns and be at peace.
Chaplains recognize and respect the struggle of every person, journeying with patients as they find meaning in their suffering, living, dying and their faith. Spirituality is more than prayers. It is an awareness of relationships, an appreciation of presence and purpose that includes a sense of meaning.
Spiritual Services at Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital offers the following:
- Chapel located on the main floor of the hospital near the lobby, open 24/7 for quiet meditation and prayer
- Hospital chaplains available 24/7 for emergencies
- Memorial services twice a year for families and friends of patients who have experienced an early pregnancy loss less than 20 weeks.
- Bereavement support by mail for families whose loved one has died in the hospital (optional).
A number of volunteers support our Spiritual Services staff:
- Friendly visitors provide a listening presence and caring support for patients.
- Catholic Communion ministers distribute Communion on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The chapel is located off the lobby and available 24 hours a day for reflection or prayer.