Learn More About MyChart
MyChart is a free, easy and secure way to view your health information and communicate with your health care team. All you need is internet access and e-mail.
You can also take MyChart with you wherever you go by downloading the Froedtert & MCW app.
Learn more about MyChart by viewing our frequently asked questions.
Information on Lab Results, Test Results and Notes
To help you stay as informed as possible, we send lab and test results when they are final, which may be before your provider has reviewed them. After your provider reviews your results, they may add comments or contact you directly. They may also wait for more tests or information before providing their opinion or recommendations for you. You can choose to view your results as soon as they are sent or wait to discuss your results with your provider. Please ask your provider when you should expect to hear from them regarding your lab or test results.
Additionally, you can access notes added to your medical record after March 1, 2018. A movement called OpenNotes has been shown to empower patients, families and caregivers to feel more in control of their healthcare decisions, and improve the quality and safety of care. This is a growing international movement, and it’s backed by the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Prescription management is available through your MyChart account, making communication with the pharmacy easier than ever.
In MyChart, manage your prescriptions by clicking or tapping the Medications tab. You can:
- Sign up to receive text, e-mail or MyChart notifications about your prescription status.
- Receive notifications, including when it is ready for pick-up or refill.
- Refill prescriptions from your list of medications.
- Set up home delivery. Many prescriptions can be delivered right to your door at no additional cost.
Benefits of MyChart
With MyChart, you can:
- Make, cancel and view appointments online.
- Schedule and participate in a video visit with your established primary care provider.
- View test results.
- Communicate with your health care team.
- View your office visit and hospital admission summaries.
- Request medication refills.
- Review your current health issues, medications, immunizations, allergies and medical history.
- Update personal and insurance information.
- Access health and appointment information for family members (with permission).
- Family (Proxy) Access Information
Privacy and Security
We are committed to providing quality health care and respecting the privacy and confidentiality of your medical information. Our policies and procedures regarding access to and release of medical records conform to state and federal laws and are designed to safeguard your privacy.
MyChart users can be assured that communications between you and your clinic healthcare team are carried over a secure, encrypted connection directly into the electronic medical record.