Our hospitals’ mission speaks to our commitment to improving the quality of life for the communities we serve. We reach beyond the walls of our hospital into Waukesha, Washington and Milwaukee Counties with a diverse offering of services and programs that benefit “vulnerable populations” – people with limited affordable access to health care services.
The two community hospitals of the Froedtert & MCW health system join the capabilities of Froedtert Hospital, an academic medical center affiliated with the Medical College of Wisconsin, and primary care and multispecialty clinics to deliver highly coordinated, cost-effective health care to residents of southeastern Wisconsin and beyond.
We are proud of our commitment to your health and well-being. One step at a time, Froedtert & MCW health network will continue to improve the quality of life in our communities and beyond.
What is Community Engagement?
Community Engagement proactively addresses community health needs through innovative programs and partnerships that improve population health and reduce disparities.
Community Health Needs Assessment
Every three years, Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital, Froedtert West Bend Hospital and Froedtert Hospital collaborated on a community survey with JKV Research, LLC, other local area health systems and Health Departments. Learn more about Community Health Needs Assessment at the following locations:
Key Areas of Community Health Care Needs
Our community engagement efforts are based on identified community health needs established from our recent community health needs assessments. Those identified community health needs are:
- Access to primary, specialty and preventative care
- Access to health care coverage
- Alcohol and other drug abuse
- Obesity and physical activity (Froedtert West Bend Hospital)
- Chronic disease management
- Prevention and wellness (Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital)
- Violence and injury prevention (Froedtert Hospital)
- Nutrition and physical activity (Froedtert Hospital)
For more information on specific on programming and activities for Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital, Froedtert West Bend Hospital and Froedtert Hospital please see our Community Health Improvement Plans.
- Froedtert Hospital Community Health Improvement Plan
- Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital Community Health Improvement Plan
- Froedtert West Bend Hospital Community Health Improvement Plan
Community Engagement by the Numbers
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health system's total community benefit in fiscal year 2020 was more than $265 million. Learn more about our efforts in our Report to the Community.