The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network embraces our roles as an employer, community member and corporate citizen. We value and celebrate the wealth of diversity reflected in our patients, their families, our workforce and the communities we serve. We are committed to being an inclusive and culturally competent organization that provides exceptional care to everyone. This commitment is demonstrated through our nationally recognized Diversity Council, which is led by our CEO and COO to provide broad oversight on all of our diversity initiatives.
Within our health network, diversity and inclusion leverages the individual uniqueness among people, cultures and systems that collectively empower us to drive innovation and deliver culturally competent care. We fulfill our commitment to diversity through efforts that impact our workforce, marketplace and the community.
We have also pledged to take action to eliminate health care disparities.
Awards and Recognition
The Froedtert & MCW health network was recently honored with five awards that recognize our efforts and important work with diversity and inclusion.
- Partnership Award from the National Association of African Americans in Human Resources, a professional development organization focused on providing its members with networking, educational, coaching, and resource opportunities. The Partnership Award demonstrates the health network’s commitment to developing a diverse workplace of choice.
- Diversity in Business Award from the Wisconsin Law Journal recognizes organizations embedding diversity in daily work. Organizations must demonstrate a significant contribution toward creating a diverse and inclusive business, academic or social community through the implementation of policies, procedures, initiatives or programs.
- Workplace Diversity Advocate Award from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) honors an organization who has been a role model in their local community as a strong advocate for diversity, inclusion and workplace flexibility. Diversity and Inclusion partners with Human Resources to ensure workplace of choice initiatives include diversity, inclusion, dignity and respect for all.
- Top 25 Honors Award — Froedtert Health’s Diversity Council ranked No. 16 from the Association of Employee Resource Groups (ERG) and Councils. The ERG & Council Honors Award recognizes and awards the outstanding contributions and achievements of resource groups and diversity councils that lead organizational diversity and inclusion processes and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Over 1,300 applications are considered for this national honor.
- The Driver of Diversity Award highlights individuals and corporations who embrace and support diversity in their professional role to improve cultural competencies positively impacting the City of Milwaukee. Award presenter OneMKE is a movement sponsored in part by the United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County, MillerCoors, and Manpower. The professional of the year award was presented to Shary Tran, director of Diversity and Inclusion, from OneMKE and the United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County.
Workplace of Choice
We partner strategically with our Human Resources department to focus on workplace initiatives around diversity recruitment, education, engagement and development of our staff.
We believe in the potential of every staff member to be the person who makes a difference in a patient’s experience. We invest in our people through education and development in order to provide them with the tools and skills to deliver the best care to our patients while also achieving their career goals.
In partnership with our Marketing and Communications, Supply Chain and Community Engagement departments, we develop strategies to reach an increasing number of individuals and expand market share in the diverse communities and patient populations we serve. Through meaningful partnerships, we are able to impact the health and economic vitality of the communities we serve.
Our Language Services team provides timely, reliable and high-quality interpretation and translation services to limited English proficient and deaf patients in order to provide exceptional experiences throughout our network of hospitals and clinics. Treating our patients the way they want to be treated is a core value of our organization. This includes providing access to communication in the languages that they prefer.
Diversity and inclusion is fully integrated into our organizational strategic plans. Below are the ways our diversity and inclusion efforts help support our organizational goals.
We will deliver an exceptional experience for all patients, by consistently providing services, tools and an organizational culture that meets the individual needs of each patient. Providing culturally and linguistically appropriate care, tools and resources will lead to positive outcomes for all patients.
We will reduce barriers to accessing health care in our network and demonstrate equitable healthy outcomes among our diverse patient base. Work in partnership with community-based organizations to develop innovative solutions that positively impact the health of the diverse communities we serve, support population health and our pledge to health equity.
We will support our growth strategy by increasing awareness, building relationships and meeting the unique health care needs of emerging markets including African-American/Black; Asian; Hispanic/Latino; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT); veterans and people with disabilities.
President and Chief Executive Officer, Froedtert Health
"We are committed to being an inclusive and culturally competent organization that provides exceptional care to everyone."
Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, Froedtert Health