When it comes to outdoor grilling, we may think of popular favorites like steak, hamburger and hot dogs. If you are looking for a change, consider grilling fish options like this delicious grilled tilapia with mango salsa. This recipe is perfect for an outdoor summer meal and can be served on a bed of rice with grilled asparagus.
Tilapia and Marinade
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 (6 ounces) tilapia fillets
1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 tbsp minced red onion
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil, 1 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl. Pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the tilapia fillets, coat them with the marinade, squeeze out excess air and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Prepare the mango salsa. Combine the mango, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and jalapeño pepper in a bowl. Add the lime juice, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the tilapia from the marinade. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Spray a large piece of foil with cooking spray and place on the grill. Transfer tilapia onto the foil.
- Grill the fillets until the fish is no longer translucent in the center and flakes easily with a fork. Approximately three to four minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Larger fish may take longer to cook.
- Serve the tilapia topped with mango salsa.
Nutrition Facts per serving: