The idea of adding cottage cheese to a pancake recipe may seem unusual, but we encourage you to try it at your next breakfast and be surprised at how amazing they taste! Regular pancake recipes do not offer the same amount of healthy protein and calcium that the cottage cheese version offers, plus they are fluffy and there is no trace of cottage cheese flavor in them. Serve them as you would traditional pancakes - our Bariatric Surgery team and nutritionists recommend using a low-sugar syrup and fruit for added sweetness, if desired.
Ingredients for Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes
Servings for this recipe: 4 pancakes
Prep time: 25 minutes
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
½ tablespoons canola oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Cooking Directions for Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour flour mixture into cottage cheese mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat it with cooking spray.
- Pour portions of batter onto the skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip and cook on the other side until brown.
- Serve with low-calorie syrup. (We suggest Walden Farms Pancake Syrup)
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 pancake
Carbohydrate: 10 g
Fat: 7 g
Protein: 13 g
Sodium: 385 mg
Sugar: 2 g
Virtual Visits Are Available
Safe and convenient virtual visits by video let you get the care you need via a mobile device, tablet or computer wherever you are. We'll assess your condition and develop a treatment plan right away. To schedule a virtual visit, call 414-777-7700.
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.