Our Bariatric Surgery Program created this egg muffin recipe for the post-bariatric surgery diet, but anyone looking to make healthy eating choices can enjoy the recipe. Egg muffins are a healthy source of protein, as well as vitamins A and D. You can make them ahead of time, then take them on the go to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner throughout the week.
6 large eggs
12 slices pre-cooked turkey bacon (sliced into thirds)
¾ cup shredded low fat Swiss or Monterey jack cheese
¼ cup diced red pepper (optional)
1 teaspoon diced green onion (optional)
½ cup 1% milk
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place 3 bacon pieces in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all ingredients until well blended, except for ¼ cup of the shredded cheese.
- Fill each muffin cup with ¼ cup of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle extra ¼ cup of cheese on top across muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (1 muffin):
Total Calories: 98
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 1g
Total Fiber: 0g
Total Sugar: 1g
Virtual Visits Are Available
Safe and convenient virtual visits by video let you get the care you need via a mobile device, tablet or computer wherever you are. We'll assess your condition and develop a treatment plan right away. To schedule a virtual visit, call 414-777-7700.
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.