- 1 pound flank steak (cut into ¼-inch strips)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 6 ounces beef broth (fat free)
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces broccoli florets
- ½ medium yellow, red or green bell pepper cut into strips
- ½ cup instant brown rice
- 2 medium stalks bok choy cut into ½-inch slices
- 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
- In mixing bowl, stir together steak, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Prepare rice according to directions on package.
- Combine broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir until dissolved.
- In wok or skillet, heat oil and red pepper flakes over medium-high heat.
- Cook steak 4-5 minutes or until browned. Stir constantly. Set aside.
- Put broccoli, bell pepper and carrot into pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir. (If mixture becomes too dry, add in 1-2 tablespoons water.)
- Stir in bok choy and water chestnuts. Cook for additional 1-2 minutes or under bok choy is tender-crisp. Stir constantly.
- Make a well in center of pan, and pour in broth.
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until broth thickens, occasionally stir broth.
- Mix in beef. Cook 1-2 minutes or until warm.
- Serve over rice.
NUTRITION FACTS (? recipe)
Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
Dietary Fiber: 2 grams
Sugars: 6 grams
Protein: 17 grams
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.
More to Explore