To keep patients, visitors and staff safe, the Froedtert & MCW health network adheres to these guidelines. These guidelines are based on the most current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other regulatory agencies.
We understand the importance of keeping patients connected with their loved ones while receiving care. To stay connected, we encourage patients and families to use phone or video chat when in-person visits are not an option.
Face Covering Policy
Everyone in our facilities is required to wear a face covering. If you do not have your own face covering, a disposable mask will be provided to you.
Patients: A face covering must be worn over your mouth and nose at all times, unless otherwise instructed by your care team. Exceptions will be made for patients who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability.
Visitors and staff: A face covering must be worn over your mouth and nose at all times. Exceptions will not be made for visitors or staff.
Visitor and Support Person Health Guidelines
All locations: DO NOT visit a patient if you are ill or if you have any of these symptoms:
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or difficult breathing
Froedtert Hospital, Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital and Froedtert West Bend Hospital:
- Visitors are not allowed for:
- Patients with COVID-19 or patients suspected of having COVID-19.
- Patients on 9 CFAC and patients receiving a bone marrow transplant or CAR T-cell therapy.
- One visitor for the duration of the patient’s stay is allowed for other patients.
- Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Visitors should remain in the patient’s room during their visit to limit time spent in public areas.
- Additional temperature checks are being conducted at each entrance.
Birth centers: One visitor for the duration of the patient’s stay is allowed. Please contact your Birth Center for specific guidelines.
- Visitors are not allowed. Staff can help a family member join an appointment by phone, as appropriate. When it is medically necessary for patient care, one adult support person (at least 18 years of age) who is symptom-free is allowed.
- Cancer center staff will screen patients and approved visitors for symptoms when entering the cancer center.
Emergency departments: Please respect a limit of one visitor or support person per patient to the greatest extent possible.
Health centers, clinics and procedural areas: Please respect a limit of one visitor or support person per patient to the greatest extent possible. Visitors in procedural areas must be at least 18 years of age.
- Exceptions will be considered for patients with disabilities, regardless if they have or are suspected of having COVID-19.
- Exceptions will also be made for end-of-life decisions and care and other limited situations.
Vendor access to all of our hospitals, clinics and extended campuses, including nonpatient care and administrative sites, is limited. Please coordinate all visits with your Froedtert Health representative and/or relevant department leader prior to entering any location.
All vendors will be required to pass a verbal screening for COVID-19 symptoms and must provide their own face covering, to be worn at all times.
All volunteer services have been discontinued until further notice.