To keep patients, visitors and staff safe, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network adheres to the following guidelines regarding visitors, volunteers and events. These guidelines are based on the most current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other regulatory agencies. Wisconsin’s Safer at Home order being lifted does not change these guidelines.
We understand the importance of keeping patients connected with their loved ones while receiving care. To stay connected, we encourage patients and families to use phone or video chat when in-person visits are not an option.
Everyone in our facilities is required to wear a face covering. If you do not have your own cloth face covering, a disposable mask will be provided to you. Please wear this face covering at all times while you are in our facilities, unless otherwise instructed by your care team. Exceptions will be made for patients who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability. Exceptions will not be made for visitors or staff.
Visitor and Primary Support Guidelines
At all locations: Visitors are verbally screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival and must pass the screening in order to visit.
At Froedtert Hospital, Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital and Froedtert West Bend Hospital:
- For patients with COVID-19 or patients suspected of having COVID-19, visitors are not allowed at this time.
- For other patients, please respect a limit of one visitor per day (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.).
- Visitors should remain in the patient’s room during their visit.
- Our Birth Centers are allowing one visitor for the duration of the patient’s stay. Please contact your Birth Center for specific guidelines.
- Exceptions will be made for end-of-life decisions and care as well as other limited situations.
At our emergency departments and health centers: Please respect a limit of one visitor or support person per patient to the greatest extent possible.
In all procedural areas: Please respect a limit of one visitor or support person per patient. Visitors in procedural areas must be at least 18 years of age.
At our Cancer Centers:
- Visitors are not allowed at this time. Staff can help a family member join an appointment by phone, as appropriate. When medical need necessitates that a patient requires someone to accompany them, one support person who is not ill or has a fever, cough, or shortness of breath is permitted.
- Cancer Center staff will screen patients for COVID -19 symptoms when entering the Cancer Center.
Vendor access to all of our hospitals, clinics and extended campuses, including non-patient care and administrative sites, is limited. Please coordinate all visits with your Froedtert Health representative and/or relevant department leader prior to entering any location.
All vendors will be required to pass a verbal screening for COVID-19 symptoms and must provide their own face covering, to be worn at all times.
All volunteer services have been discontinued until further notice.