Critical Care Pharmacy – Medical Intensive Care Unit
Pharmacy School/Graduation Year
University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2007
Residency Training Program Location/Year
Pharmacy Practice Residency Froedtert Hospital - 2008
Several Medical ICU unit based projects related to catheter associated line infections, readmissions, urinary tract infections and other current ongoing research
Preceptor of the year - 2016
- Patel JJ, Kurman JS, Biesboer A, Taha H, Katz M, Szabo A, Simpson SQ, Jacobs ER. Impact of duration of hypotension prior to norepinephrine initiation in medical intensive care unit patients with septic shock: A prospective observational study. J Crit Care. 2017 Aug;40:178-183.
- Feih J1, Peppard WJ, Katz M. Pharmacist involvement on a rapid response team. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2017 Mar 1;74(5 Supplement 1):S10-S16.
Posters and Abstracts
- Addressing potentially inappropriate medication use in older adult hospitalized patients. Hatch C, Karpinski J, Roznowski-Olson J, Horsman S, Katz MB, Hanson KH, Turk E. University Health-System Consortium Pharmacy Council Meeting. Orlando, Florida. Dec 2013.
- Development and Implementation of a hypertensive emergency clinical pathway at an academic medical center. Kim A, Schaafsma K, Turk E, Katz MB. University Health-System Consortium Pharmacy Council Meeting. Las Vegas, Nevada. Dec 2011.
- Improving heparin safety. Katz MB, Hanson KH, Yerondopoulos M, Stilin G. University Health-System Consortium Pharmacy Council Meeting. Orlando, Florida. Dec 2008.
Hiking, fishing, camping, running, basketball
Favorite Things to Do in Milwaukee
Eating and fishing