National Match Code: 616652
Duration/Type: 12-month residency
Number of Positions: 2
Application Deadline: Dec. 31, 2019
Starting Date: July 2020
This specialty program is designed to provide advanced clinical training and leadership opportunities from a dedicated critical care preceptor team. This program is built upon many years of experience training PGY1 residents.
- Froedtert Hospital is a 676-bed academic medical center with 107 dedicated ICU beds.
- Research projects and teaching activities are tailored to meet the needs/interests of the resident. Grant submissions are encouraged.
- Residents will have the opportunity to precept residents and APPE students on clinical rotations.
- ACLS, PALS, FCCS and Stop the Bleed training will be provided.
- External presentations and publications are encouraged.
Requirements for Acceptance
- Completion of PGY1 pharmacy residency
- Applicants are required to submit a program application through PhORCAS. Please follow the application instructions.
- Surgical/Trauma Critical Care (SICU)
- Critical Care Medicine (MICU)
- Neurosurgical Critical Care (NICU)
- Cardiovascular Critical Care (CVICU)
- Emergency Medicine
- Nutrition Support
- Research Project
- Toxicology (Children's Wisconsin Poison Center)
- Infectious Disease
- Abdominal Solid Organ Transplant ICU (TICU)
- Peri-Operative Pharmacy Services
- Critical Care Oncology
- Academia (Concordia University School of Pharmacy or MCW Pharmacy School)
- Community Critical Care (Community Memorial Hospital)
- CVICU II (Advanced Heart Failure, Mechanical Circulatory Support, and Heart Transplant)
- Emergency Medicine II
Requirements and Expectations
The following are some of the requirements and expectations of participants in the PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residency at Froedtert Hospital:
- Professional Organization Membership
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM)
- SCCM Annual Congress
- Wisconsin Pharmacy Residency Conferences (WPRC)
- Milwaukee City Wide Monthly Residency Conferences
- ASHP Midyear Meeting and Vizient Annual Meeting
- Formal Presentations
- SCCM abstract
- WPRC abstract
- Critical Care Pharmacy Grand Rounds (two)
- Emergency Medicine Grand Rounds
- Critical Care Lecture at Concordia University Wisconsin School of Pharmacy
- Critical Care Nursing Class: Pharmacology Review (two)
- Critical Care Journal Club (two)
- Pharmacy Staffing
- Approximately seven weeks throughout the year (Monday - Friday, 10-hour shifts in central or decentral areas)
- Approximately 11 weekends throughout the year (Saturday - Sunday, 10-hour shifts in central or decentral areas)
- Departmental Meetings
- The resident is expected to attend all meetings (unless otherwise specified) that PGY1 residents are expected to attend (including but not limited to administrative and safety discussions, staff meetings, etc.)
- Licensed as a pharmacist in the state of Wisconsin by Sept. 1.
- Minimum eight hours/day (Monday - Friday)
- Complete assignments and evaluations on a timely basis
- Participate in recruitment for incoming residency class
- Assist and support department in additional ways as needed