Medication Utilization Pharmacist, Coordinator, Center for Medication Utilization
Drug Information, Medication-Use Policy
- PGY1 Program:
- Center for Medication Utilization (elective)
- Monograph requirement
- Medication use evaluation requirement
- Medication-Use Safety and Policy Program
- Formulary Management
- Advanced Formulary Management
- Smart Pump Analytics (elective)
- PGY2 Oncology Program:
- Drug Policy (longitudinal)
- PGY2 Informatics program:
- Medication Management and Smart Pump Analytics
Pharmacy School/Graduation Year
University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012
Residency Training Program Location/Year
PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency, Froedtert Hospital
- Formulary management
- Medication utilization
- Smart infusion pump management
- Quality and process improvement
- Health care costs and reimbursement
- Assessing value in health care
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Pharmacy Program
- Infusion Pump Steering Committee
- Pharmacy Quality Committee
- Innovative Therapies Committee, Coordinator
- System Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee, Coordinator
- External Organizations
- Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin, Peer Reviewer for The Journal
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy – Greater Milwaukee College of Clinical Pharmacy, Education Committee
Awards and Certifications
- 2019: Preceptor of the Year Award, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin
- 2013: Concordia School of Pharmacy Teaching Certificate
- 2011: Present: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Slevin AR, Hart MJ, Van Horn C, Rahman S, Samji N, Szabo A, Rein L, Werner SM, Saeian K. Hepatitis C virus direct-acting antiviral nonadherence: Relationship to sustained virologic response and identification of at-risk patients. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2018. DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2018.10.020.
- Cooper Johnson KA, Dailey LM, Werner SM. Management of cyclic vomiting syndrome in adults: treatment options and the pharmacist’s role. JPSW. 2017;20(6):52-58.
- Ikeda R, Vermeulen LC, Lau E, Jiang Z, Kavanaugh SM, Yamada K, Kolesar JM. Isolation and characterization of erlotinib-resistant human non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells. Oncol Lett. 2011;2(1):91-94. DOI:10.3892/ol.2010.198.
- Kavanaugh SM, White LM, Kolesar JM. Vorinostat: A novel therapy for the treatment of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2010;67(10):793-797.
- Ferrington DA, Hussong SA, Roehrich H, Kapphahn RJ, Kavanaugh SM, Heuss ND, Gregerson DS. Immunoproteasome responds to injury in the retina and brain. J Neurochem. 2008;106(1):158-169.
- Reeves K, Werner SM, Picone MF, Kostrzewa A, Audley T. Quantifying the rate of nonformulary medication use in an academic health system. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Las Vegas, NV; Dec 2019.
- Madrzyk E, Werner SM, Biggs A, Picone MF. Quantifying the success rates of various types of medication restrictions within an academic health system. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Las Vegas, NV; Dec 2019.
- Creal KJ, Mancuso TM, Werner SM, Hanson KK, Audley TM, Bangalore NS. Optimizing smart pump metrics at a health system. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Las Vegas, NV; Dec 2019.
- Amundson B, Holsopple M, Werner SM, Picone MF, Mancuso T, Olley P. Measuring the compliance of therapeutic interchange protocols in an academic medical center. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Anaheim, CA; Dec 2018.
- Lee B, Holsopple M, Picone MF, Werner SM, Kostrzewa A. Verifying the value: an evaluation of existing formulary frameworks. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Anaheim, CA; Dec 2018.
Running, biking, boating, cooking/baking, and coffee and crossword puzzles
Favorite Things to Do in Milwaukee
Boating, farmers’ markets, trying new restaurants