These frequently asked questions should help address any concerns you may have regarding paying your Medical bills online. If you have additional questions, please contact Patient Financial Services at: 800-466-9670.

Why am I receiving multiple bills for the same service?

If you see a physician at a Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin location, you may receive one, or several different bills, depending on the services received. Effective Dec. 1, 2018, Medical College Physician, Community Physicians, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Froedtert Health hospital accounts will be together on one statement. (Please note that you may still receive separate statements for Medical College Physician accounts with dates of service prior to Dec. 1, 2018.)

If you receive a bill from another provider and have questions, please see below for contact numbers or contact the number listed on the statement.

Who can I call with questions about billing?

The Patient Financial Services Department is available to help. Contact us at 800-803-8155 during these hours.

  • Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
  • Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.

For the Medical College of Wisconsin billing questions for dates of service prior to Dec. 1, 2018, contact 800-242-1649.

Who can I call if there's a change in my insurance or patient information?

Please call 414-955-5299 or 855-329-6232.

What type of payment plans are available? 

Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin offers payment plans up to 36 months depending on the amount you owe. Partial payments without an agreed upon payment arrangement will not keep your account in good standing. Please contact us at 800-803-8155 to set up a payment plan.

What are my payment options online?

Online bill pay is available.

Is this website safe for credit card transactions?

Yes. The transaction portion of this Web site is protected with the latest encryption software.

Can I view my account balance online?

Yes. You can see hospital account balances and view statements through MyChart. To receive e-statements, select the "Sign up for paperless billing for your hospital accounts" link from within your MyChart account.

You can also login to our secure online bill pay and access your most recent Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin statement.

Where do I mail my payment?

You can pay with check or credit card.

Froedtert Health:
P.O. Box 3136, Milwaukee WI 53201-3136

Medical College of Wisconsin (for Medical College of Wisconsin billing for dates of service prior to Dec. 1, 2018)
P.O. Box 13308
Milwaukee WI 53213

Where are you located?

For Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin billing:

Froedtert Health Corporate Center
400 Woodland Prime
N74 W12501 Leatherwood Court 
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051

For Medical College of Wisconsin billing for dates of service prior to Dec, 1, 2018:

Medical College of Wisconsin Billing Office
Research Park Center
10000 Innovation Drive, 3rd Floor, Suite 300
Milwaukee, WI 53226

Did you bill my insurance?

Your statement will indicate any payments received and the name of the insurance company that Froedtert Hospital, the Medical College of Wisconsin, or Community Physicians billed. You should have received an Explanation of Benefits from your insurance company that matches the total billed, adjustments and balance due that are listed on your statement.

What information will I be asked to verify in order to discuss my bill?

If you call Patient Financial Services to discuss you bill, in most cases you will be asked to verify date of birth, address, or social security number. You may be asked to verify more information in certain circumstances.

Do I receive a discount if I'm uninsured?

Yes, all uninsured patients without any third party source of payment receive a 40% discount.

What insurance plans does Froedtert Health accept?

Froedtert Health accepts many health insurance plans. Learn More.

How do I receive an itemized billing?

If you are the patient requesting an itemized statement, please contact our Patient Financial Services Department at 800-466-9670. Please contact 800-242-1649 for Medical College Physicians billing for dates of service prior to Dec. 1, 2018.

If you are a third party requesting an itemized statement, such as an attorney:

  • Print the authorization form by clicking on hyperlink located below.
    Download Authorization Form
    Download Authorization Form (Spanish)
  • Complete all fields of the authorization form to prevent any delays in processing.
  • Check all Froedtert & MCW hospitals, surgery centers and/or Froedtert & MCW Community Physicians (clinics) on the form as appropriate.

Send the completed authorization form via U.S. Mail or fax to any of the HIM (Medical Records) locations below. Once the authorization is received a determination will be made if payment is needed. The time to process your request is seven to 10 business days.

Froedtert Hospital

9200 West Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53226-3596
Ph: 414-805-2909
Fax: 414-259-1244

St. Joseph’s Hospital

3200 Pleasant Valley Road
West Bend, WI 53095
Ph: 262-836-5057
Fax: 262-836-8470

Community Memorial Hospital

W180 N8085 Town Hall Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Ph: 262-257-3415
Fax: 262-253-7186

Community Physicians

Ph: 414-955-4511
Fax: 414-955-6062

How can I pay my bill?

You can make payment online or by cash, check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card or American Express. If you would like to provide credit card information over the phone, please call the number below.

  • Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin billing: 800-803-8155
  • Medical College of Wisconsin billing (for dates of service prior to Dec. 1, 2018): 800-242-1649


How do I obtain a price quote for a service?

All quotes are estimates only based on historical information. Actual patient balances will differ due to medical history, lab work needed, pharmacy dosage amounts, etc. Any differences between estimates given and actual balance are the patient's responsibility. Please contact a Financial Counselor for an estimate.


We also have Health Care Cost Estimators available to estimate the out-of-pocket costs of radiology services specific to an individual’s medical plan coverage. You may request an estimate online

I received a letter from my insurance company or hospital indicating other insurance information is needed or accident information is needed. What should I do? 

You need to contact your insurance company to provide them with the requested information. Many insurance companies require a written response and will not take information verbally. It is your responsibility to follow-up with your insurance company as we cannot act on your behalf in these cases to obtain payment.

I have a previously unpaid balance that is now listed with a collection agency. How can I remove this item from my credit report? 

Once an account is listed with a collection agency, you will need to contact them to arrange payment. Once paid, a satisfaction letter will be issued against the credit listing.

Why is there a usual, customary and reasonable (UCR) denial from my insurance carrier?

Insurance coverage varies among insurers and policies. Many insurance companies limit payments using a fee schedule of "usual, customary and reasonable" (UCR) allowances. Froedtert Health fees may differ from insurance companies' fee schedules. Please direct questions regarding UCR to your insurance carrier. You're responsible for payment of your account, including balances due to UCR limitations.

When an insurance company denies part of a claim because of usual, customary and reasonable (UCR) allowances, is there an appeal process?

To appeal, you must personally lodge a formal appeal with your insurance company. You typically must appeal within a set time. Froedtert Health can't advise whether you should file an appeal and doesn't have the right to file an appeal on your behalf. Most insurers are required to respond to your request within 30 to 60 days, but it's best to check with your insurer about its appeal policy.

How much will insurance pay for my services? 

We are unable to give you a quote on the amount your insurance is going to pay. We recommend calling your insurance carrier for this information.

Share This: