Learn More about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Thank you for your interest in a job shadow/observer experience at Froedtert Health!
A job shadow/observer experience is a short-term learning experience in which an individual is assigned to a department with a staff member for the purpose of gaining insight about the professional role and work responsibilities, the functioning of a particular department/service and/or the integration of an occupation/department/service within a health care system.
Criteria for Job Shadow/Observation
- Must be 16 years old. A parent/guardian signature is required for observers under 18 years of age. (Exception: Observers must be 18 years old to observe in the Froedtert Hospital Operating Room.)
- Observers may not shadow/observe family members, their Primary Care Provider, or the Primary Care Provider of immediate family members.
- The observer may not have any physical contact with a patient, take a history from a patient, do an exam, handle equipment, or document in the medical record.
- Dress code for Job Shadow/Observation is business casual or scrubs.
- Students must wear their school ID.
You must submit online application and all required documentation to be considered for a Job Shadow/Observation. The online application only allows observers to request a date 4 weeks out from the application submission date. Application does not guarantee placement.
Application Requirements for Job Shadow/Observation
- Review Health Documentation Requirements.
- Please have health documentation ready when completing the Online Application.
- Completing an Online Application includes completion of the Froedtert Health Job Shadow/Observer Form, Froedtert Health Observer Agreement and submitted proof of health documentation.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.