The Stroke and Neurovascular Program is staffed by nationally recognized, board-certified physicians. These experts have advanced (fellowship) training in specialties focused on caring for stroke and neurovascular patients to provide leading-edge medical care.
Team members include:
- Neurologists – Specialize in the treatment and prevention of stroke and brain conditions.
- Neuro-intensivists – Coordinate both the neurological and medical management of the Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patient in the critical care setting.
- Neuro-interventionalists – Use non-invasive techniques to treat brain aneurysms, open blocked arteries in the brain and remove clots in brain arteries.
- Neurosurgeons – Offer advanced surgical options for aneurysm repair.
- Emergency medicine specialists – Provide initial care that is key to a positive outcome.
- Physiatrists – Specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation specialists – Focus on stroke and neurovascular recovery.
Sue Fuhrman, MS, MSN, RN-BC
Comprehensive Stroke Program Coordinator
Stroke and Neurovascular Program Physicians
Vijay Johnson, MD
Medical Director, NICU