Advance Practice Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Students — Community Physician Clinics
Students interested in a potential clinical placement in one of the Froedtert & MCW Community Physician Clinics should complete an application through the link below. Completing an application is the first step in the process. At this time we are only accepting applications from students who are current Froedtert Health staff members. Completing an application does not guarantee placement.
Application deadlines are as follows:
- Spring Semester (January – May): Sept. 15
- Summer Semester (June – August): Jan. 31
- Fall Semester (September – December): April 15
Advance Practice Nurse Practitioner Student Application (use for Physician Assistants as well)
Students interested in a hospital placement can apply through the Medical College of Wisconsin application.
For Froedtert South student requests (Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital), please contact the medical center directly. The Froedtert Health affiliation agreement does not cover student placements at these locations.
An affiliation agreement and program memorandum is required for each student clinical experience and is required prior to student placement. Please check the Froedtert Health Affiliations list for your schools name. If your school is not listed, send an e-mail to email@example.com to check on the status of your school or to start the affiliation process. This process can take 6 or more months and does not guarantee placement.
Student Validation Requirements
All students placed at Froedtert Health must meet the Student Validation Requirements per the affiliation agreement.
All advance practice (NP, CNS, MSN, DNP, MN, FNP, PA, etc.) students having clinical at Froedtert Health (Froedtert Hospital, Community Memorial Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital West Bend, and Community Physician Clinics), must enroll in the verification system each semester at least one week prior to the start of clinical. This includes students who are Froedtert Health staff members. The APN/PA Student Verification process provides access to the student learning center and required online modules and activates IT access.
The following information must be reviewed by the student prior to the start of the clinical.
- Student Verification Tip Sheet
- Student Unit Department Orientation Checklist
- Parking Information for Froedtert Hospital (to be reviewed by all students)
- Parking Information for Community Memorial Hospital (to be reviewed by all students)
- Student Identification — All students must wear school ID badge at all times when on the hospital campus unless provided with a Froedtert ID badge, then Froedtert badge must be worn.
- Froedtert Health Learning Center