Froedtert & MCW health network strives to meet the needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning/queer (LGBTQ) community.
Dignity and respect help us deliver What Is Possible to the people we care for.
Inclusion Health Clinics and More
Recognized as a national leader in LGBTQ health care equality, our providers offer the highest standard of medical care to the LGBTQ community, including our Inclusion Health Clinics, specifically designed to comprehensively meet the health care needs of the LGBTQ community.
LGBTQ Health Services
- Inclusion Health Clinics where providers with expertise and a passion for caring for LGBTQ patients deliver care in a welcoming, affirming environment. Call 414-805-2018 for more information.
- Comprehensive primary care and preventive care for members of the LGBTQ community and their families and friends
- OB/GYN care for lesbian, bisexual and transgender patients
- LGBTQ fertility and reproductive medicine
- HIV specialty care and HIV prevention services
- Care for transgender patients, including hormone therapy
- Psychiatric care
FORGE, Inc. and the Froedtert & MCW Inclusion Health Clinic have launched PACT NOW (Preventing and Assisting with COVID-19 among Trans and Non-binary Wisconsinites). The program is a multi-part online and phone/text-based suite of services designed to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and its negative consequences among Wisconsin’s transgender and non-binary community members and their partners, loved ones, friends, allies, and contacts.
National Leaders in LGBTQ Health Care Equality
Human Rights Campaign recognized all three Froedtert & MCW hospitals as "Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality" for protecting our LGBTQ patients and employees from discrimination, ensuring equal visitation for LGBTQ people and providing staff training in LGBTQ patient-centered care.
Empower Yourself - PrEP for HIV Prevention
Take control of your sexual health with PrEP — a medication that reduces the risk of HIV infection.
- PrEP is safe and has few side effects.
- PrEP can be affordable and accessible.
- We can help you get on PrEP.
Inclusion Health Clinics
Inclusion Health Clinics FAQ
Why did you open the Inclusion Health Clinics?
We recognize the importance of providing LGBTQ individuals with the highest quality of care. This includes offering an environment that affirms each of our patients and by having providers with expertise and a passion for caring for LGBTQ patients.
What services are provided?
We provide the following services.
- General primary care
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy for transgender patients
- HIV treatment
- HIV prevention (PrEP)
- OB/Gyn care
- Psychiatry services
Do you require a letter from a mental health provider to start gender-affirming hormone therapy?
In most cases, we do not require a letter and begin gender-affirming hormone therapy using the "informed consent" model.
Nevertheless, we encourage patients to have an ongoing relationship with a mental health provider to assist with the emotional, social and physical changes that can accompany the start of hormone therapy. In rare circumstances, your medical provider may request a letter of clearance from a mental health provider prior to initiating hormone therapy.
Does the clinic offer gender-affirming surgeries?
There are many kinds of gender-affirming surgical procedures, such as facial feminization, tracheal shave, breast augmentation or reduction, body contouring, orchiectomy, vaginoplasty, metoidioplasty and phalloplasty.
Our surgical specialists provide some, but not all, of these procedures. You can discuss these with an Inclusion Health Clinic provider during a visit.
What age of patients do you see?
We can see patients age 15 and older.
Do you offer urgent care visits?
We do not have walk-in visits available at this time. We may, however, be able to see patients for same-day visits if providers have appointments available.
- What insurance to you take?
Can you see people without insurance?
At this time the clinics can accept people with any form of insurance that allows them to come to Froedtert & MCW locations.
People who are currently uninsured can get assistance checking their eligibility for insurance through Froedtert Health Financial Services.
Inclusion Health Clinic Providers
News About the Inclusion Health Clinics
- Word on Medicine on Inclusion
- Ask the Physician with FORGE: Hormones as Essential Medicine
- Ask the Physician with FORGE: COVID-19 Basics for Trans/Non-Binary Communities
- It's Pride Night at Fiserv Forum! Fox Sports interview with Anne Lakatos, MSN, ANP, APNP
- Froedtert & MCW Inclusion Health Clinic providing LGBT community needed services (WISN interview with Andrew Petroll, MS, MD)
- Froedtert & The Medical College Of Wisconsin Open Inclusion Clinic To Serve The LGBTQ Community
- Froedtert, Medical College opening clinic tailored to LGBTQ community
- Congratulations to our 2018 BeOUT Award winners
- Clinic expands access to health services for LGBTQ patients