HAIKU is an Epic application designed for use with Apple iPhone and Android smartphones. CANTO is an Epic application designed for use with Apple iPad devices. HAIKU/CANTO enable providers to access the Epic EMR, and includes features and functions that are designed to improve physician productivity.
To complete the configuration and link the mobile device to the Epic user, the Epic-generated Device ID is collected and linked to the user in the Froedtert Health Epic environment. The Device ID authorizes the device to access HAIKU/CANTO.
Mobile Device System Requirements
- Minimum version of the iOS 10.0 operating system
- Minimum Android operating system version of 4.4
- While any device with the minimum requirements specified above can support HAIKU, more recent devices lead to better overall application performance.
- Ability to download and install applications on the mobile device via the Apple App and Google Play Stores.
This will automatically configure your device to connect to the Froedtert instance of Epic. You must be on the device when you click the configuration button.
- Install HAIKU/CANTO on the Mobile Device.
Download HAIKU/CANTO directly from the App or Play Store by searching “Epic HAIKU” or "Epic CANTO".
Note: Epic does not support HAIKU for Android tablets.
- Configure HAIKU/CANTO for the Froedtert Epic Environment.
Configure HAIKU Configure CANTO
Clicking the configure buttons above will automatically configure your device to connect to the Froedtert instance of Epic. You must be on the device when you click the configuration button.
- Submit Your Device ID for Registration
To complete your access, a unique device ID must be registered to your device. To submit this device ID, log into the app using your existing Epic credentials. You will receive a login failure message that states “Device not yet registered. An administrator has been notified to activate this device.”
The Epic Administrator reviews all Haiku and Canto requests on Friday of each week. You will not be able to log into the app until your device is registered.
You will be notified of your device registration via an Epic In Basket Staff message.
If you require assistance, please contact the IS Help Desk at 414-805-2101 or email@example.com. By downloading and configuring this device, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the FH-IT.027 Mobile Device Security policy (requires access to Scout).